- 1 Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia Costa Rica?
- 2 Are airports closed in Costa Rica?
- 3 How many airports are in Costa Rica?
- 4 What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 5 Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
- 6 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 7 Do I need a passport to go to Costa Rica?
- 8 Is Costa Rica expensive?
- 9 Is San Jose airport closed?
- 10 What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
- 11 What is the best time to visit Costa Rica?
- 12 Should I rent a car in Costa Rica?
- 13 When should you not go to Costa Rica?
- 14 What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
- 15 How long does it take to fly to Costa Rica from Florida?
Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia Costa Rica?
Although both airports (San Jose Intl & Liberia Intl Airport) have domestic flights, San Jose Intl (SJO) is the hub and it is much easier, cheaper & faster to travel from with domestic airlines. So if you are visiting the Caribbean, Pacific beaches in the south or the Central Valley, this is your hub.
Are airports closed in Costa Rica?
Yes, on August 1, 2020 Costa Rica’s international airports reopened to tourists from some countries. Since November 1, 2020 there is no longer any travel ban. Residents from all countries and all U.S. states can now enter Costa Rica by air or sea (land borders will reopen April 5, 2021).
How many airports are in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is home to two international airports, San Jose and Liberia. Both airports accept flights from the United States and Canada daily. San Jose International Airport (SJO), also known as Juan Santamaria International Airport is located in Alajuela. Alajuela is 17 km northwest of San Jose.
What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
Check out a (pretty) complete list of nonstop flights currently offered to Costa Rica:
- AIR CANADA.
- AIR TRANSAT.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS.
- COPA AIRLINES.
Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
Places to avoid in Costa Rica
Be careful in Quepos, which is the gateway town just outside Manuel Antonio National Park. The same goes for Tamarindo and Jaco due to incidents of crime (mostly robberies) targeting visitors.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
10 Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park. Add.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature. Add.
- The Guanacaste Beaches. Natural Feature. Add.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park. Add.
- Manuel Antonio Park. Park. Add.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest. Forest, Hiking Trail. Add.
- Santa Teresa. Natural Feature. Add.
- Arenal Volcano. Natural Feature. Add.
Do I need a passport to go to Costa Rica?
Information about requirements and visa application form please click here. Please consider the following information: US nationals do not require an entry visa to Costa Rica. However, they must have a current valid passport and a return ticket to exit Costa Rica within 90 days.
Is Costa Rica expensive?
Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful and naturally-diverse countries in Central America. Unfortunately, it’s also the most expensive. Due to its natural beautiful, amazing outdoor activities, safety, friendly locals, and well-established expat community, prices in Costa Rica have been rising higher year after year.
Is San Jose airport closed?
What To Expect at SJC. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) is open. FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED: Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry.
What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
What is the best time to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches.
Should I rent a car in Costa Rica?
Renting a car is usually not recommended for first-time visitors to Costa Rica—the hassle and potential for confusion is usually not worth the effort. To better enjoy your vacation, we recommend booking private transport to save time and travel more efficiently.
When should you not go to Costa Rica?
Rainiest Months. As we said, many areas of Costa Rica are very nice during much of the rainy season. But if you have just a week or two to get away, there are certain times of year you‘ll want to avoid. The rainiest months in general are September and October.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica is September.
How long does it take to fly to Costa Rica from Florida?
Flying time from Florida to Costa Rica
The total flight duration from Florida to Costa Rica is 2 hours, 58 minutes.