- 1 How do I get from Cancun airport to Cozumel?
- 2 What is the best way to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 3 Can you fly into Cancun to get to Cozumel?
- 4 How long is the boat ride from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 5 How safe is Cozumel?
- 6 What airport do you fly into for Cozumel Mexico?
- 7 Which is better Cancun or Cozumel?
- 8 How much is a taxi from Cancun to Playa del Carmen?
- 9 Can you take a boat from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 10 Where should I stay in Cozumel?
- 11 How do you get around Cozumel?
- 12 How do I get from Cancun to Playa del Carmen?
- 13 How many days do you need in Cozumel?
- 14 What can you do in Cozumel on your own?
- 15 Is it safe to go to Playa del Carmen?
How do I get from Cancun airport to Cozumel?
To visit Cozumel you will have to go from the Cancun airport to the ferry in Playa del Carmen or Punta Venado, once there you can buy a ferry ticket, which will take you to the pier located in Cozumel.
What is the best way to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
Cozumel is an island located 86 km (53 mi) or 2 hours and 12 minutes from Cancun Airport. The best way to travel from Cancun Cozumel Ferry is by a private transportation and booking your ferry tickets in advance, once in Cozumel, you can take a taxi to your hotel.
Can you fly into Cancun to get to Cozumel?
Fly Directly into Cozumel
You can take a small plane to Cozumel from Cancun airport’s domestic terminal. It takes just 20 minutes and the trip is an amazing experience for about $75 USD per person one way.
How long is the boat ride from Cancun to Cozumel?
COZUMEL FERRY INFORMATION. The primary gateway between Cozumel and the mainland of the Yucatan Peninsula, including Cancun and the Riviera Maya, is the passenger ferry from Playa del Carmen. Thousands of tourists and locals every day take the 45 minute ride to or from Cozumel.
How safe is Cozumel?
Compared to other parts of Mexico and the Caribbean, Cozumel is safe. We often get asked, “Is Cozumel safe?” And while no place in the world is 100 percent safe for all visitors all the time, Cozumel has low crime rates that should alleviate any fears you have of visiting.
What airport do you fly into for Cozumel Mexico?
Cozumel is served by Cozumel Airport, also commonly referred to as Cozumel. The airport code is CZM.
Which is better Cancun or Cozumel?
Cozumel or Cancun: quick answer
Cozumel is smaller, quieter, and less crowded. Cancun has ample, postcard-type beaches along the hotel zone, a long stretch of white sand and clear seawater. Cozumel has smaller and rockier beaches but provides access to the great coral barrier for world-class snorkeling and diving.
How much is a taxi from Cancun to Playa del Carmen?
|Destination||Online From||Regular Fare|
|Cancun Down Town||$24.43+||$45+|
|Playa del Carmen||$44.14+||$70+|
Can you take a boat from Cancun to Cozumel?
There is no ferry that runs directly between Cancun and Cozumel. The only ferry runs from Playa del Carmen, which is about an hour’s drive south of Cancun. The new luxury ferry run by Ultramar costs 200 pesos per adult and 130 pesos per child and takes about 20 minutes.
Where should I stay in Cozumel?
- The Landmark Resort of Cozumel. Cozumel. [See Map]
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort & Spa. Cozumel.
- The Explorean Cozumel by Fiesta Americana. Cozumel.
- Cozumel Palace. Cozumel.
- Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive. Cozumel.
- Occidental Grand Cozumel. Cozumel.
- Secrets Aura Cozumel. Cozumel.
- Grand Park Royal Cozumel. Cozumel.
How do you get around Cozumel?
There are three main methods by which most visitors choose to get around Cozumel. The first is simply to walk. The second is to rent a moped, but most people agree this can be very dangerous to visitors unaccustomed to local traffic.
How do I get from Cancun to Playa del Carmen?
From Cancun: From the main ADO bus terminal in Cancun (near Puerto Cancun), travelers can grab the bus to Playa del Carmen. Buses run every hour and drop passengers at the Fifth Avenue terminal. Tickets are typically less than $3. Passengers can purchase tickets online or at any ADO bus counter.
How many days do you need in Cozumel?
Cozumel is a tranquil island, so everything happens slowly. This is the perfect place to relax and have a chill and relaxing time. Should you not be able to spend a week there, at least try to stay there for 3 to 4 days.
What can you do in Cozumel on your own?
The 10 Top Things to do in Cozumel
- Visit the Mayan ruins of Tulum.
- Spend a day at a beach club.
- Scuba dive in one of Cozumel’s amazing dive sites.
- Exercise your shopping gene in San Miguel.
- Spend the day on a private island.
- Enjoy a great meal.
- Get down and dirty on an ATV excursion.
- Land a big one.
Is it safe to go to Playa del Carmen?
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico has been safe place especially compared to other tourist destinations or even where you might live. In general tourists have few issues with safety in Playa Del Carmen.