- 1 What is the best way to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 2 Can you fly into Cancun to get to Cozumel?
- 3 How much does it cost to take the ferry to Cozumel?
- 4 How long is the boat ride from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 5 Which is better Cancun or Cozumel?
- 6 Is it safe to travel from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 7 How much does it cost to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 8 Can you fly directly into Cozumel?
- 9 What airlines fly directly to Cozumel?
- 10 Is Cozumel worth a day trip?
- 11 Are there free beaches in Cozumel?
- 12 What can you do for free in Cozumel?
- 13 How many days do you need in Cozumel?
- 14 Is it safe to go to Playa del Carmen?
- 15 How much does a trip to Cozumel cost?
What is the best way to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
Cozumel is an island located 86 km (53 mi) or 2 hours and 12 minutes from Cancun Airport. The best way to travel from Cancun Cozumel Ferry is by a private transportation and booking your ferry tickets in advance, once in Cozumel, you can take a taxi to your hotel.
Can you fly into Cancun to get to Cozumel?
Fly Directly into Cozumel
You can take a small plane to Cozumel from Cancun airport’s domestic terminal. It takes just 20 minutes and the trip is an amazing experience for about $75 USD per person one way.
How much does it cost to take the ferry to Cozumel?
How much does the Cozumel ferry cost? The Cozumel ferry cost about 220 pesos one way or 400 pesos round trip.
How long is the boat ride from Cancun to Cozumel?
COZUMEL FERRY INFORMATION. The primary gateway between Cozumel and the mainland of the Yucatan Peninsula, including Cancun and the Riviera Maya, is the passenger ferry from Playa del Carmen. Thousands of tourists and locals every day take the 45 minute ride to or from Cozumel.
Which is better Cancun or Cozumel?
Cozumel or Cancun: quick answer
Cozumel is smaller, quieter, and less crowded. Cancun has ample, postcard-type beaches along the hotel zone, a long stretch of white sand and clear seawater. Cozumel has smaller and rockier beaches but provides access to the great coral barrier for world-class snorkeling and diving.
Is it safe to travel from Cancun to Cozumel?
Compared to other parts of Mexico and the Caribbean, Cozumel is safe. The drug-related crime in Mexico that makes the headlines is concentrated near the country’s borders, and even the crime that has occasionally erupted around Cancun rarely affects tourists.
How much does it cost to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
Most people get from the Cancun Airport to the Cozumel ferry dock via a pre-reserved Airport Transfer. It costs $25.00 per person for a shared shuttle or a private transfer costs between $50.00 to $60.00 depending on the size of your group, if booked through us in advance.
Can you fly directly into Cozumel?
As the airport in Cozumel is small, there are only several US airlines that provide direct flights to Cozumel (CZM). If you would like to ensure that you do not have a layover when traveling to Cozumel International Airport, consider booking your reservation with either American, Delta, or United Airlines.
What airlines fly directly to Cozumel?
Cozumel Flights and Airlines
- Aeromexico. Flights to/from Mexico City and the rest of the world.
- Air Canada. Flights to/from Toronto/Montreal and the rest of the world.
- American Airlines. Flights to/from Miami/Dallas-Fort Worth/Chicago and the rest of the world.
- Delta Airlines.
- Frontier Airlines.
- Sun Country.
Is Cozumel worth a day trip?
Day Trip to Cozumel
Cozumel is one of the top destinations in Mexico, and it’s worth exploring even if you just have a day to do so. Many vacationers staying on the Riviera Maya visit our gorgeous island to explore the amazing water sports, beaches, and family-friendly activities at Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park.
Are there free beaches in Cozumel?
Playa Corona is one of the oldest beaches in Cozumel and is a popular destination for snorkeling and scuba diving – in fact, it’s considered one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel. Admission to the beach is free, and you can either bring your own gear or rent it (only snorkel gear is offered).
What can you do for free in Cozumel?
18 Fun Cheap (or FREE) Things to Do in Cozumel
- Visit Playa San de Martin. Want a wide expanse of white-sand beach, electric blue water, and no huge crowds?
- Explore San Miguel.
- Visit the Cozumel Island Museum.
- Visit the Ruins of San Gervasio.
- Take a Picture with WWII Fighter Planes.
- Go Snorkeling.
- Go Souvenir Shopping.
- Enjoy a DIY Foodie tour of San Miguel.
How many days do you need in Cozumel?
Cozumel is a tranquil island, so everything happens slowly. This is the perfect place to relax and have a chill and relaxing time. Should you not be able to spend a week there, at least try to stay there for 3 to 4 days.
Is it safe to go to Playa del Carmen?
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico has been safe place especially compared to other tourist destinations or even where you might live. In general tourists have few issues with safety in Playa Del Carmen.
How much does a trip to Cozumel cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Cozumel is $1,541 for a solo traveler, $2,768 for a couple, and $5,189 for a family of 4. Cozumel hotels range from $79 to $358 per night with an average of $139, while most vacation rentals will cost $120 to $440 per night for the entire home.