- 1 What city do you fly into for Port Canaveral?
- 2 How far is Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport?
- 3 How much is a shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral?
- 4 How much is a taxi from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?
- 5 Where should I stay for a cruise from Port Canaveral?
- 6 How much is an uber from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?
- 7 Is there a shuttle bus from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?
- 8 Does Royal Caribbean have shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral?
- 9 How long does it take to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral?
- 10 How far is Port Canaveral from Disney World?
- 11 How do I get from Miami to Port Canaveral?
- 12 How far is Port Canaveral from Cocoa Beach?
- 13 Can I drop off a rental car at Port Canaveral?
- 14 How much is Disney transportation to Port Canaveral?
- 15 How far is it from Orlando to Cape Canaveral?
Of the four main airports that serve Port Canaveral, the closest is Melbourne International Airport. Flights to and from Orlando International Airport link Port Canaveral to major airports across the United States. Orlando International Airport provides another option for travelers.
The journey from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is about 45 miles.
$19.99 Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral Shuttle | Go Port.
By Car From Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral
Taxis are readily available at the airport and at Port Canaveral when you return from your cruise. Orlando International Airport estimates that the cost of a one-way taxi ride is about $115. Lyft and Uber also serve the airport.
Among the best and closest hotels near Port Canaveral cruise terminal are the Homewood Suites Cape Canaveral–Cocoa Beach, Springhill Suites, Country Inn & Suites Port Canaveral and Home2 Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral Cruise Port. Most of these properties offer a shuttle transfer and cruise parking for a fee.
The rideshare services do offer service to Port Canaveral from the Orlando airport and other points in the area, but it can get pricey. Expect the ride to be about $60-$70 per car (not per person), each way or ~$140 round trip.
Cortrans Shuttle Service
Cortrans is a family-owned shuttle service that offers four trips a day between the airport and cruise port. You can ride one-way for $20 or go round-trip for $40.
Royal Caribbean offers a bus service of its own (called transfers) to bring you to the port from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Royal Caribbean offers transfers in one way increments (you can book two one-ways to create a round trip).
Though, Port Canaveral is not the most conveniently located cruise port for those flying into Florida. Despite being located about 45 minutes from Orlando International Airport, several options do exist to ensure you arrive to the ship on time for your cruise.
Technically, your cruise ship is stopping in Port Canaveral, FL. This port is about 45 miles away from the Walt Disney World area. So, if you want to get to the attractions, you will need to get transportation to and from the parks.
There is no direct connection from Miami to Port Canaveral. However, you can take the train to West Palm Beach, take the walk to Quadrille Blvd @ Clematis St, take the line 1 bus to Wpb Itc @ Bay J, take the walk to West Palm Beach, take the bus to Melbourne, then take the taxi to Port Canaveral.
The distance between Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach is 6 miles.
Enterprise, National and Alamo – 0.5 miles from Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 1. These three major car rental companies operate from a shared office close to the cruise terminal. They have the largest parking area and offer fast pick-up and drop–off. Enterprise Car Rental Port Canaveral from $61.99 per day.
Prices can change, but currently the cost for a DCL transfer from a WDW hotel to Port Canaveral is $35 per person. Kids under age three ride free; there is no price break for older children.
The distance between Orlando and Cape Canaveral is 48 miles. The road distance is 55 miles.