- 1 Is it better to rent car at airport?
- 2 Is it more expensive to rent a car at the airport?
- 3 How do rental cars work?
- 4 How do you tell if a car is a rental?
- 5 Can I use my debit card to rent a car?
- 6 Is it cheaper to rent a car online or in person?
- 7 What are the hidden fees when renting a car?
- 8 Are there hidden fees when renting a car?
- 9 What day is best to rent a car?
- 10 What do I do if I damage a rental car?
- 11 Do I have to refill my rental car?
- 12 What happens if you wreck a rental car?
- 13 What is a fleet used car?
- 14 Can you leave your vehicle at Enterprise?
- 15 Why are so many rental cars from Florida?
Is it better to rent car at airport?
Outmaneuver Fees and Industry Quirks
Rental companies often price their vehicles in peculiar ways, too. For example, cars rented at the airport are almost always more expensive because of added taxes and fees. Rent at an off-airport location and you could save 20 percent or more.
Is it more expensive to rent a car at the airport?
Airport car–rental locations typically charge more per day per vehicle. Top that off with airport concession fees and taxes, and your rental bill can quickly get out of hand. The savings for a multiday rental are well worth the price you’ll pay for a cab or Uber ride to a rental location just a few miles away.
How do rental cars work?
Renting a car is usually as easy as contacting a rental car company and answering a few questions about your needs and your budget. Based on your budget, you’ll then be able to select which car you’d like. The rental company will do a quick background check of your driving history and the type of insurance you have.
How do you tell if a car is a rental?
Look for a license plate frame or placard that advertises a rental car company. Some companies use the frames instead of markings on the license plates themselves. Watch for symbols on the license plates that may seem unusual.
Can I use my debit card to rent a car?
Short answer: yes. While it’s not always as easy as renting a car with a credit card, using a debit card is allowed by most of the major car rental companies.
Is it cheaper to rent a car online or in person?
Rental cars are almost universally more expensive when you rent them from an airport location. Often, that car is bigger and costs more. If you rent online, you can compare cars and rates and then demand the car you pre-ordered, rather than be told the least-expensive option isn’t available.
- Taxes and Airport Surcharges. Sales tax and airport charges vary considerably from state to state and from country to country.
- Gasoline Charges.
- Drop-Off Charges.
- The 24-Hour Clock.
- Early Return Fees.
- Licensing Fees.
Some rental companies pass along fees from the airport where you pick up your car, which can range from a few dollars to $10 or more a day. Some call it an “airport concession fee” or “concession recovery fee.”
What day is best to rent a car?
But it’s time to spill the beans:
- Best day to rent car: Saturday. Sign up for Breaking News Alerts.
- May not need insurance being sold at counter. Let’s start with what it’s not.
- May have to pay extra fee for extra drivers.
- For the best deal, book directly with rental location.
- Take photos of car before it leaves lot.
What do I do if I damage a rental car?
The rental car company may or may not offer a description or proof of the damage. Now you have three options: You can pay up, hand the claim off to your auto insurance company or credit card company, or reject the claim. If you choose the second or third option, you‘ll need to be prepared.
Do I have to refill my rental car?
Customers may refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level upon picking up the vehicle. If a customer chooses not to refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level, they will be charged the local Enterprise rate which is typically above the local pump price. A full tank of gas is not guaranteed.
What happens if you wreck a rental car?
If the accident was your fault, you‘re responsible for damage to the rental car and for any liability issues. In the event you are not at fault, your rental company will work directly with the other driver’s insurance company. Note that it is usually illegal to drive a rental car without any insurance coverage.
What is a fleet used car?
A fleet vehicle is any vehicle that was owned by a company or government and used for their business. There are a variety of types of fleet vehicles, including those that were owned as company cars, those owned by the government, those owned by a dealership or auto manufacturer and those owned by a rental car company.
Can you leave your vehicle at Enterprise?
If you rent from Enterprise, you can leave your personal car at the Enterprise lot.
Why are so many rental cars from Florida?
Rental cars get moved around the country a lot, but there’s a higher concentration of rental cars that get registered in FL because of how many tourists they get. Also, you probably notice them more because you’re thinking about it. There aren’t jobs in FL unless you want to work in healthcare or for a mouse.