- 1 What airport do you fly into to go to New Orleans?
- 2 How far from Louis Armstrong Airport to French Quarter?
- 3 What airlines fly direct to New Orleans?
- 4 What is the cheapest month to go to New Orleans?
- 5 How much would a trip to New Orleans cost?
- 6 Are there beaches in New Orleans?
- 7 Is Uber cheaper than taxi in New Orleans?
- 8 How much is an uber from French Quarter to airport?
- 9 How much is shuttle from New Orleans airport to French Quarter?
- 10 What is best month to go to New Orleans?
- 11 What part of Bourbon Street is the best?
- 12 What is the rainiest month in New Orleans?
- 13 Where should you not stay in New Orleans?
- 14 How many days do I need in New Orleans?
- 15 What should first time visitors do in New Orleans?
What airport do you fly into to go to New Orleans?
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is the primary airport for New Orleans and for southeast Louisiana.
How far from Louis Armstrong Airport to French Quarter?
The distance between New Orleans Airport (MSY) and W New Orleans – French Quarter is 12 miles. The road distance is 13 miles.
What airlines fly direct to New Orleans?
The following airlines offer direct flights to New Orleans.
- Air Canada.
- Air Transat (starting Nov 7, 2019)
- Alaska Airlines.
- Allegiant Airlines.
- American Airlines.
- British Airways.
What is the cheapest month to go to New Orleans?
The Cheapest Times to Visit New Orleans
Average hotel rates drop to their lowest in August, and average domestic flight prices are some of the cheapest throughout the year during July, August, and September. That means to get deep discounts, the best month to visit New Orleans is August.
How much would a trip to New Orleans cost?
A vacation to New Orleans for one week usually costs around $1,336 for one person. So, a trip to New Orleans for two people costs around $2,672 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $5,344 in New Orleans.
Are there beaches in New Orleans?
While there are no beaches in New Orleans, it has easy access to several beaches in neighboring towns and states.
Is Uber cheaper than taxi in New Orleans?
If you use Uber or Lyft on your phone in your home city, it will work exactly the same in New Orleans. Note that Uber surge pricing is always in effect from the airport, so cabs tend to be a cheaper option there.
How much is an uber from French Quarter to airport?
Uber trip takes approximately 25 min depending on traffic. How much is an Uber from New Orleans Airport (MSY) to French Quarter? The estimated cheapest price is approximately $35. You can have this price if you go with UberX option.
How much is shuttle from New Orleans airport to French Quarter?
You can pay for your ride in cash or with a credit card. A taxi ride from New Orleans Airport to French Quarter or Central Business District for one passenger will cost $36. For 3 or more passengers, the rate can be as low as $15.
Airport Taxi Transfer.
|Transportation Company||Phone Number|
What is best month to go to New Orleans?
The best time to visit New Orleans is from February to May when the weather is comfortably cool and the celebrations are in full swing. If you’re not interested in Mardi Gras mania, plan to visit in December or January, when the city is calm and you don’t have to worry about making hotel reservations a year in advance.
What part of Bourbon Street is the best?
Upper Bourbon is the area best known to visitors — the land of lots of neon, roaming bachelor and bachelorette parties, strip clubs, and enormous drinks served in souvenir cups. Lower Bourbon has most of the above, but not in such intense concentration; it includes the LGBTQ blocks of Bourbon.
What is the rainiest month in New Orleans?
What is the rainiest month in New Orleans? July is the month with the most rainfall in New Orleans, Louisiana. Rain falls for 15.5 days and accumulates 1.57″ (40mm) of precipitation.
Where should you not stay in New Orleans?
In terms of New Orleans neighborhoods to avoid, gang violence has increased in the 6th District, which includes Central City, the Garden District, Hoffman Triangle, Irish Channel, Touro, and Zion City, where there have been shootings and homicides.
How many days do I need in New Orleans?
While you could definitely spend even more than 3 days in New Orleans, it’s enough time to explore the city’s main highlights, and you’ll be able to experience a lot of what New Orleans has to offer in three jam-packed days.
What should first time visitors do in New Orleans?
In no particular order, here are the best things to do in New Orleans for any first–time visitor:
- Soak in the French Quarter Architecture.
- Create your Own Pub Crawl.
- Take a Cemetery Tour.
- Try Beignets at Cafe Du Monde.
- Have Drinks at the Famous Carousel Bar.
- Eat a Muffuletta from the Central Grocery and Deli.