- 1 What airport do you fly into to get to Yosemite National Park?
- 2 What is the closest major city to Yosemite National Park?
- 3 What is the best month to visit Yosemite National Park?
- 4 How far is it from San Francisco airport to Yosemite National Park?
- 5 How many days do you need for Yosemite?
- 6 Where should I stay when visiting Yosemite?
- 7 How far is Yosemite from Lake Tahoe?
- 8 What town is closest to Yosemite?
- 9 What else is near Yosemite?
- 10 Can you drive through Yosemite without a reservation?
- 11 How much does it cost to visit Yosemite National Park?
- 12 How should I prepare for Yosemite?
- 13 Is driving to Yosemite dangerous?
- 14 How far is Las Vegas from Yosemite National Park?
- 15 How far is Yosemite from San Francisco?
What airport do you fly into to get to Yosemite National Park?
Private charter planes can fly into an airport just a few miles from downtown Mariposa at the Mariposa / Yosemite Airport (KMPI). For commercial flights, the closest airports to Yosemite Valley are Merced Regional Airport (MCE), Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), or Mammoth Yosemite Airport (MMH).
What is the closest major city to Yosemite National Park?
What’s the closest city to Yosemite National Park?
- 77 miles to Fresno, CA.
- 79 miles to Modesto, CA.
- 95 miles to Stockton, CA.
- 117 miles to Sacramento, CA.
- 117 miles to Reno, NV.
- 132 miles to San Jose, CA.
- 134 miles to Fremont, CA.
- 147 miles to Oakland, CA.
What is the best month to visit Yosemite National Park?
The best times to visit Yosemite are May and September, when the park is accessible but not too crowded. It’s important to know that many roads and trails in Yosemite are closed for the majority of the year due to snow.
How far is it from San Francisco airport to Yosemite National Park?
Yes, the driving distance between San Francisco Airport (SFO) to Yosemite National Park is 192 miles.
How many days do you need for Yosemite?
If you only plan to do a few hikes and drive around to see the sights, three days is enough to see most everything. If you‘d like to linger, you‘ll have time to enjoy more ranger-led activities, attend evening programs, take tours, and hang around enjoying the scenery.
Where should I stay when visiting Yosemite?
- Rush Creek Lodge 1 Mile from Entrance.
- Tenaya Lodge 3 Miles from Entrance.
- Yosemite Pines Resort & Family Lodging.
- Evergreen Lodge at Hetch Hetchy Entrance.
- Tenaya Explorer Cabins Near South Entrance.
How far is Yosemite from Lake Tahoe?
Yosemite is 124 miles from Lake Tahoe via US-395 S it takes approximately 2 hours 34 mins.
What town is closest to Yosemite?
El Portal and Midpines are the closest towns to Yosemite Valley.
What else is near Yosemite?
Things to do in Yosemite and Madera County
- Bass Lake.
- Wineries & Agritourism.
- Yosemite National Park.
- Outdoor Adventure.
- Arts & Entertainment.
- Winter Fun.
- Majestic Mountain Loop.
Can you drive through Yosemite without a reservation?
Reservations are not currently required to drive into Yosemite. Some services and facilities are limited, and shuttles are not operating.
How much does it cost to visit Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park has had an entrance fee since 1913. The current rate of $30 per vehicle or $25* per motorcycle has been in effect since 2015.
How should I prepare for Yosemite?
What to Pack for Your Yosemite National Park Vacation
- Sturdy Water Shoes for Playing in Rivers and Waterfalls.
- Binoculars to Watch Climbers and Bears.
- Sturdy Boots for Hiking on Granite.
- A Rain Jacket.
- A Couple Water Bottles or a Hydration System.
- A Sun Hat, Sunglasses and Sunscreen.
- Warm and Cold Clothing Layers.
- A Star Chart or Star App.
Is driving to Yosemite dangerous?
Driving is dangerous: Yosemite, like anywhere, can be a dangerous place to drive, even in perfect conditions.
How far is Las Vegas from Yosemite National Park?
The drive between Las Vegas and Yosemite National Park is between 335 to 564 miles depending upon the route. This takes between 5.7 hours and 10 hours on average.
How far is Yosemite from San Francisco?
Yosemite is about 170 miles away from San Francisco and about a 4-hour drive.