- 1 What can you do at SFO layover?
- 2 What is there to do near San Francisco airport?
- 3 What is there to do in San Francisco for 4 hours?
- 4 Can you sleep at San Francisco airport?
- 5 Can you leave the airport during a layover in San Francisco?
- 6 Does SFO have a hotel attached?
- 7 How much is an uber from SFO to downtown?
- 8 How far is Chinatown from San Francisco airport?
- 9 How far is the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco airport?
- 10 How early do I need to arrive at SFO?
- 11 How long does it take to go through customs in San Francisco?
- 12 What US airports have smoking rooms?
What can you do at SFO layover?
9 Things to Do on a Layover in San Francisco – Tripping.com
- Browse the Shops in Union Square.
- Visit Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Stroll Through Chinatown.
- Explore the Financial District.
- Savor the View From Coit Tower.
- Tour Alcatraz.
- Take a Self-Guided Tour of the Mission Art Murals.
- Check Out the Ferry Building Marketplace.
What is there to do near San Francisco airport?
Things to Do near San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
- Bayfront Park. #1 of 4 things to do in Millbrae.
- Cham Tour and Charter. #52 of 133 Transportation in San Francisco.
- Rider Easy. Be the first to review this attraction.
- Shorebird Sanctuary. #1 of 7 things to do in Burlingame.
- It’s It Ice Cream Factory.
- San Francisco Helicopters.
- GoKart Racer.
- Hillsborough Auxiliary Resale Shop.
What is there to do in San Francisco for 4 hours?
12 things to do on a layover at San Francisco Airport
- Enjoy a meal. Start your layover with a meal – it will feel less like a layover chore and more like a fun way to sample some good eats!
- Relax in a lounge.
- Take a shower.
- Visit the spa.
- Do yoga.
- Pet a pup.
- View the art.
Can you sleep at San Francisco airport?
Sleeping in San Francisco Airport
There are padded benched in Terminal 2 near Baggage Claim #4 (post-security in arrivals). For uninterrupted sleep, check out the in-airport nap rooms, rented by the hour, or take a free shuttle to one of the nearby hotels.
Can you leave the airport during a layover in San Francisco?
The thought of dragging around your carry-on luggage in a new city is enough to discourage one from leaving the airport during a layover, but that doesn’t have to be the case at SFO. The Airport Travel Agency located in the pre-security area of the airport can free you up of any burdensome luggage for a fee, of course.
Does SFO have a hotel attached?
SFO developed a new Airport-owned and privately managed luxury hotel-the Grand Hyatt at SFO. Prominently located at the entrance to SFO, the 4.2 acre site is close to terminal buildings and parking garages, with excellent access to US Highway 101. AirTrain provides direct access to the hotel.
How much is an uber from SFO to downtown?
The fare to downtown San Francisco is only $9.65 ($19.30 round trip). That’s less than a shuttle van ($19), an average Uber/Lyft ride ($27), and $40 less than an average taxi ($50).
How far is Chinatown from San Francisco airport?
Yes, the driving distance between San Francisco Airport (SFO) to Chinatown is 15 miles. It takes approximately 17 min to drive from San Francisco Airport (SFO) to Chinatown.
How far is the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco airport?
How far is it from San Francisco Airport (SFO) to Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza? The distance between San Francisco Airport (SFO) and Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza is 14 miles.
How early do I need to arrive at SFO?
SFO suggests that you check with your airline directly for its recommended arrival time. For domestic flights, most airlines suggest arriving two hours before departure. For international flights, most airlines recommend arriving three hours before departure.
How long does it take to go through customs in San Francisco?
I would say about 45min to 1hr and 15min to go through immigration. pickup the luggage and go through customs, provided that you are not caught by the officers to open your luggage. That can add 15 to 20min, but I would say 2 hour should be enough time to make the transfer.
What US airports have smoking rooms?
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Winner of the most smoker-friendly airport in the U.S. is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- McCarran International Airport.
- Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Denver International Airport.
- Nashville International Airport.