- 1 What is the default password for AirPort Extreme?
- 2 How do I factory reset my AirPort Extreme A1354?
- 3 How do I wipe my Apple AirPort Extreme?
- 4 How do I reset my time machine password?
- 5 How do I log into my AirPort Extreme?
- 6 What can I do with an old AirPort Extreme?
- 7 How do I configure AirPort Extreme?
- 8 How do I update AirPort extreme?
- 9 How do I extend my network with AirPort Extreme?
- 10 How do you fix a blinking yellow light at the AirPort?
- 11 How do I connect my AirPort Extreme to an existing wireless network?
- 12 How do I recover my AirPort password?
- 13 How do I reset my time capsule password without losing data?
- 14 How do I access my AirPort Time Capsule hard drive?
What is the default password for AirPort Extreme?
Note that the default password for all AirPort Extreme and AirPort Express is the word “public”. This is the default password. This is also the password of your AirPort device when you decide to do a factory reset to it.
How do I factory reset my AirPort Extreme A1354?
Hard reset instructions for Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station A1354 (MC340LL/A)
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds.
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
How do I wipe my Apple AirPort Extreme?
Erase an AirPort Time Capsule in AirPort Utility on Mac
- Open the AirPort Utility app on your Mac, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.
- In the graphical overview, select the Time Capsule you want to erase, then click Edit.
- Click Disks, then click Erase Disk.
- Click the Security Method pop-up menu, choose a security level, then click Erase.
How do I reset my time machine password?
To reset your password:
- Use something pointed (such as a ballpoint pen) to press and hold the reset button for.
- Select your AirPort network.
- Open AirPort Utility.
- Select your AirPort Time Capsule and click Edit.
- Click Base Station and enter a new password for your AirPort Time Capsule.
How do I log into my AirPort Extreme?
Since you have the IP address, open any web browser and type in the link http://10.0.1.1 in the URL text field. It will open a new window where you can enter the login credentials. The Apple Airport Extreme does not have a default username but uses ‘public’ as the default password.
What can I do with an old AirPort Extreme?
Uses for Old AirPort Extreme Router?
- Range extender for a network.
- Dedicated Airplay speakers.
- Ethernet to a console for direct online gaming.
How do I configure AirPort Extreme?
On your device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then tap the name of your base station (for example, “AirPort Extreme 0affff”) listed under “Set up new AirPort base station.” Follow the onscreen instructions. The setup assistant automatically provides the best solution for your network.
How do I update AirPort extreme?
Check for a firmware update
- After restarting your base station, select the base station in AirPort Utility to see details about it.
- On Mac, the details pop-up shows an Update button when an update is available.
- On iOS devices, the details screen shows a numbered badge next to Version when an update is available.
How do I extend my network with AirPort Extreme?
On your device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then tap the name of your base station (for example, “AirPort Extreme 0affff”) listed under “Set up new AirPort base station.” Follow the onscreen instructions. The setup assistant automatically provides the best solution for extending your network.
Perform a soft reset on the device by pressing the reset button for one second. When you release the button, the status indicator light flashes on the router. Next, launch the AirPort Utility on the screen and select the base station you have to configure. Click the Edit menu, modify the settings, and select Update.
How do I connect my AirPort Extreme to an existing wireless network?
Extending the Wi-Fi network!
- Plug in your new Airport Base Station.
- On your Mac, start the AirPort Utility.
- Click Other Wi-Fi Devices.
- Click Other Options once the AirPort Utility has finished gathering information about your network.
- Select Add to an existing network.
How do I recover my AirPort password?
Open AirPort Utility, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Click the icon for your base station in AirPort Utility, then click Edit from the pop-up menu. You can now change the password or reconfigure the base station as needed. When done, click Update.
How do I reset my time capsule password without losing data?
Go to the back of your TimeCapsule and press the reset button for 1 second with the pen. This will give you 5 minutes to access TimeCapsule without needing a password. Open your Airport Utility (Applications –> Utilities –> Airport Utility) to update the password to a new one.
How do I access my AirPort Time Capsule hard drive?
Follow our simple step by step guide to browse your Apple Time Capsule with your iPhone or iPad.
Enable File Sharing
- Select the “Disks” tab at the top of the utility.
- Ensure that “Enable file sharing” is ticked.
- Choose from the “Secure Shared Disks” drop down list. FileBrowser supports all 3 modes.