- 1 What is the best way to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 2 Can you fly into Cancun to get to Cozumel?
- 3 How much does it cost to take the ferry to Cozumel?
- 4 Are there ferries to Cozumel?
- 5 Which is better Cancun or Cozumel?
- 6 Is it safe to travel from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 7 Can you fly directly into Cozumel?
- 8 What airlines fly into Cozumel Mexico?
- 9 Is there a ferry from Cancun to Cozumel?
- 10 Is Cozumel worth a day trip?
- 11 Are there free beaches in Cozumel?
- 12 What is there to do in Cozumel for a day?
- 13 What can you do in Cozumel on your own?
- 14 How much does it cost to go to Cozumel?
- 15 How do you get around Cozumel?
What is the best way to get from Cancun to Cozumel?
Cozumel is an island located 86 km (53 mi) or 2 hours and 12 minutes from Cancun Airport. The best way to travel from Cancun Cozumel Ferry is by a private transportation and booking your ferry tickets in advance, once in Cozumel, you can take a taxi to your hotel.
Can you fly into Cancun to get to Cozumel?
Fly Directly into Cozumel
You can take a small plane to Cozumel from Cancun airport’s domestic terminal. It takes just 20 minutes and the trip is an amazing experience for about $75 USD per person one way.
How much does it cost to take the ferry to Cozumel?
How much does the Cozumel ferry cost? The Cozumel ferry cost about 220 pesos one way or 400 pesos round trip.
Are there ferries to Cozumel?
The ferry makes it a piece of cake to go to or from Cozumel on a day trip, which is especially popular with cruise ship passengers coming to the mainland to see attractions like the Mayan Ruins, Xcaret, or Xel Ha. The ride takes about 45 minutes each way. Ferries run 365 days a year, weather permitting.
Which is better Cancun or Cozumel?
Cozumel or Cancun: quick answer
Cozumel is smaller, quieter, and less crowded. Cancun has ample, postcard-type beaches along the hotel zone, a long stretch of white sand and clear seawater. Cozumel has smaller and rockier beaches but provides access to the great coral barrier for world-class snorkeling and diving.
Is it safe to travel from Cancun to Cozumel?
Compared to other parts of Mexico and the Caribbean, Cozumel is safe. The drug-related crime in Mexico that makes the headlines is concentrated near the country’s borders, and even the crime that has occasionally erupted around Cancun rarely affects tourists.
Can you fly directly into Cozumel?
As the airport in Cozumel is small, there are only several US airlines that provide direct flights to Cozumel (CZM). If you would like to ensure that you do not have a layover when traveling to Cozumel International Airport, consider booking your reservation with either American, Delta, or United Airlines.
What airlines fly into Cozumel Mexico?
Airlines that serve Cozumel Airport:
- Aeromexico. Flights to/from Mexico City and the rest of the world.
- Air Canada. Flights to/from Toronto/Montreal and the rest of the world.
- American Airlines.
- Delta Airlines.
- Frontier Airlines.
- Sun Country.
Is there a ferry from Cancun to Cozumel?
There is no ferry that runs directly between Cancun and Cozumel. The only ferry runs from Playa del Carmen, which is about an hour’s drive south of Cancun. The new luxury ferry run by Ultramar costs 200 pesos per adult and 130 pesos per child and takes about 20 minutes.
Is Cozumel worth a day trip?
Day Trip to Cozumel
Cozumel is one of the top destinations in Mexico, and it’s worth exploring even if you just have a day to do so. Many vacationers staying on the Riviera Maya visit our gorgeous island to explore the amazing water sports, beaches, and family-friendly activities at Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park.
Are there free beaches in Cozumel?
Playa Corona is one of the oldest beaches in Cozumel and is a popular destination for snorkeling and scuba diving – in fact, it’s considered one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel. Admission to the beach is free, and you can either bring your own gear or rent it (only snorkel gear is offered).
What is there to do in Cozumel for a day?
Top 8 Things to Do in Cozumel:
- Rent a scooter and tour the island.
- Take an ATV tour to Jade Cavern Cenote.
- Take a Jet Boat ride.
- Go on a Catamaran and Snorkel Tour.
- Spend the day at an all-inclusive resort.
- Visit Faro Celerain Eco Park.
- Swim with stingrays at Stingray Beach.
- Visit “Passion Island”
What can you do in Cozumel on your own?
The 10 Top Things to do in Cozumel
- Visit the Mayan ruins of Tulum.
- Spend a day at a beach club.
- Scuba dive in one of Cozumel’s amazing dive sites.
- Exercise your shopping gene in San Miguel.
- Spend the day on a private island.
- Enjoy a great meal.
- Get down and dirty on an ATV excursion.
- Land a big one.
How much does it cost to go to Cozumel?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Cozumel is $1,541 for a solo traveler, $2,768 for a couple, and $5,189 for a family of 4. Cozumel hotels range from $79 to $358 per night with an average of $139, while most vacation rentals will cost $120 to $440 per night for the entire home.
How do you get around Cozumel?
There are three main methods by which most visitors choose to get around Cozumel. The first is simply to walk. The second is to rent a moped, but most people agree this can be very dangerous to visitors unaccustomed to local traffic.