- 1 Can you fly directly into Kauai?
- 2 How do I get from Honolulu to Kauai?
- 3 Does Southwest fly to Kauai?
- 4 What airlines fly out of Lihue Kauai?
- 5 How many days do you need in Kauai?
- 6 How is Kauai pronounced?
- 7 Which is better Maui or Kauai?
- 8 How do Hawaiians travel between islands?
- 9 How long is a boat ride from Honolulu to Kauai?
- 10 Which airport is cheapest to fly into Hawaii?
- 11 What day of the week is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
- 12 What is the best airlines to fly to Hawaii?
- 13 How safe is Kauai?
- 14 Is there Uber in Kauai?
- 15 What airlines fly between Maui and Kauai?
Can you fly directly into Kauai?
Flying direct into Kauai is the most convenient and affordable way to reach the Garden Island. South West and Hawaiian Airlines are the only airlines that currently service our inter-island flights. South West Airlines also has a direct flight from Sacramento California to Lihue.
How do I get from Honolulu to Kauai?
Getting to Kauai by Plane
Inouye International Airport in Honolulu to Lihue, the only commercial airport on Kauai, takes about 40 minutes. Go!, Hawaiian Airlines and Island Air make regular direct flights between the islands. If for some reason you want to add a stop at another island, connecting flights are available.
Does Southwest fly to Kauai?
Immerse yourself in the wonders of the Garden Island. Southwest Airlines flies to Lihue Airport, which makes starting your exploration of Lihue (Kauai) simple.
What airlines fly out of Lihue Kauai?
Airlines Serving LIH
- Alaska Airlines. (800) 252-7522.
- American Airlines. (800) 433-7300.
- Delta Airlines. (800) 221-1212.
- Hawaiian Airlines. (800) 367-5320.
- Southwest Airlines. (800) 435-9792.
- United Airlines. (800) 241-6522.
- WestJet. Reservations: 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET) Baggage Inquiries: 1-866-666-6224. TTY: 1-877-952-0100.
How many days do you need in Kauai?
Many first-time visitors stop in Kauai for four days while island hopping between two or three islands. Four days is enough time to see the best of the island (except for several days-long hikes like the Na Pali Coast).
How is Kauai pronounced?
There is no “V” sound in Kauai! It’s pronounced like “cow eye” for mainlanders and “Cow-ah-ee” for locals. Short u with emphesis on the “why” sound and spoken quickly rather than languishing at each sylable.
Which is better Maui or Kauai?
Maui is great for snorkeling. The waters around Maui are calmer than the waters around Kauai, especially in winter. While both islands have good snorkeling, Maui has more top-notch sites and more are easily accessible from the beach.
How do Hawaiians travel between islands?
To get around the islands of Hawaii, you can fly by helicopter, travel by ferry or hop on a boat. But while there are options, in most cases, you are probably boarding a flight before saying aloha to your next Hawaiian island destination.
How long is a boat ride from Honolulu to Kauai?
Tradewind Charters runs an eight-day cruise from Oahu to Kauai and back.
Which airport is cheapest to fly into Hawaii?
Oahu (Honolulu) and Maui (Kahului) tend to be the two cheapest Hawaiian airports to fly into from the continental United States, but this may not be the case for your particular route. Always compare airports and consider tailoring your vacation itinerary if a different arrival airport offers better savings.
What day of the week is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
The Cheapest Day to Fly to Hawaii is on a Tuesday or a Wednesday.
What is the best airlines to fly to Hawaii?
The 6 Best Airlines That Fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines. Fittingly, Hawaiian Airlines offers some of the best flights to Hawaii, providing daily service to Hawaii from more North American cities than any other airline.
- Alaska Airlines.
- American Airlines.
- United Airlines.
How safe is Kauai?
Kauai is a safe place to travel and has relatively low crime but it is always smart to take precautions to protect yourself and your personal belongings. Always swim and hike with a buddy.
Is there Uber in Kauai?
Ride-hailing service Uber is adding another Hawaiian Island to its list with an upcoming launch on Kauai. Since coming to the state in 2013, Uber has added more than 5,000 drivers on Oahu.
What airlines fly between Maui and Kauai?
Hawaiian Air also offers direct flights between the Big Island and Maui, and Maui and Kauai.