- 1 What is the closest major airport to Key West Florida?
- 2 What airport do you fly into when going to Key West?
- 3 Does Southwest fly to Key West?
- 4 How far is the drive from Miami to Key West?
- 5 What is the cheapest way to get to Key West?
- 6 Does Southwest fly to Key West 2021?
- 7 How much does a trip to the Florida Keys cost?
- 8 How much are flights to Key West?
- 9 Who flies nonstop Key West?
- 10 Is there a train from Miami to Key West?
- 11 IS KEY WEST safe?
- 12 What is the cheapest time to go to Key West?
- 13 How many days do I need in Key West?
- 14 IS KEY WEST worth it?
- 15 Is it worth driving to Key West from Miami?
What is the closest major airport to Key West Florida?
The closest airport to Key West is Key West International, airport code EYW.
Key West is a four-mile long, two-mile wide island, and located:
- 90 miles from mainland Florida.
- 165 miles from Miami, Florida.
- 188 miles from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
What airport do you fly into when going to Key West?
EYW — Key West International Airport — Visitors can fly to Key West International Airport via connections or direct flights from a host of Florida cities. The airport offers a host of ground transportation options, including local shuttle buses and rental cars. Getting around Key West is fun and easy!
Does Southwest fly to Key West?
Key West, a popular tourist destination, becomes the eighth city the airline serves in the state of Florida and the 78th city added to the airline’s vast route map.
How far is the drive from Miami to Key West?
A: The drive to Key West takes approximately 4 hours from Miami. The distance is 159 Miles (256 KM). Driving the Overseas Highway is a one-of-a-kind experience. You will see some of the most spectacular scenery in the State.
What is the cheapest way to get to Key West?
By Air. Flying directly to Key West is not the cheapest option but it’s certainly an option. Delta and US Airways are the most popular companies that fly to Key West International. More direct flights are available during the high season.
Does Southwest fly to Key West 2021?
US Airways, Southwest, Silver Airways, Delta, and American Eagle Airlines operate regular services to Key West International Airport, usually through Atlanta, Miami, or other Florida airports, with seasonal routes from other cities, so keep your eye out for cheap flights to Key West from these airlines!
How much does a trip to the Florida Keys cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Florida Keys is $1,348 for a solo traveler, $2,421 for a couple, and $4,539 for a family of 4. Florida Keys hotels range from $63 to $288 per night with an average of $111, while most vacation rentals will cost $140 to $440 per night for the entire home.
How much are flights to Key West?
Good to know
|Low season||August||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price.|
|High season||December||Most popular time to fly with an average 17% increase in price.|
|Average price round-trip||$379||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
|Good deal round-trip||$118||or less|
|Good deal one-way||$58||or less|
Who flies nonstop Key West?
Direct from United States
|Delta flights||United flights|
|American Airlines flights||Silver Airways flights|
Is there a train from Miami to Key West?
It takes approximately 2h 7m to get from Miami Station (Amtrak) to Key West, including transfers.
IS KEY WEST safe?
The crime rate in the Florida Keys is low but you should still use common sense when exploring Key West, especially at night and around hectic Duval Street and Mallory Square.
What is the cheapest time to go to Key West?
The key strategies are:
- Go during the off season, roughly June to November. (September and November are the cheapest of all.)
- Shop around for accommodations and compromise on amenities or location.
- Seek out affordable, casual restaurants.
- Take advantage of the many terrific free and inexpensive things to do in Key West.
How many days do I need in Key West?
I would think anything around 5 days would be enough to explore Key West, Key Largo and the surrounding area. I think we spent 2-3 days on Key West and enjoyed it. I agree with Nanabee. We did a trip to the Keys in June spending 2 nights in Key West and 2 nights in Key Largo.
IS KEY WEST worth it?
So, is Key West worth visiting? Yes, it is because you can experience and enjoy so many different activities here and it’s a great location for adults and children. In Key West you can enjoy beautiful beaches and sunsets, discover local wildlife and immerse yourself in maritime, literary and political history.
Is it worth driving to Key West from Miami?
The Miami to Key West Drive is absolutely stunning. There are tons of entertaining stops, and the drive itself is lined with brilliant blue beaches and gorgeous green trees. Basically, it’s the ideal road trip. Plus, you’ll get to see so much of Florida at once.