- 1 What are the closest airports to New Orleans?
- 2 What major airports are in Louisiana?
- 3 What is the cheapest month to go to New Orleans?
- 4 Who flies nonstop to New Orleans?
- 5 How far is Baton Rouge from New Orleans?
- 6 What does MSY stand for in New Orleans?
- 7 Does Southwest fly to Louisiana?
- 8 What is the largest airport in Louisiana?
- 9 How many airports does New Orleans have?
- 10 Where should you not stay in New Orleans?
- 11 When should you not go to New Orleans?
- 12 What should first time visitors do in New Orleans?
- 13 Where does Southwest fly nonstop from New Orleans?
- 14 Does Southwest fly direct to New Orleans?
- 15 What is the best part of New Orleans to stay in?
What are the closest airports to New Orleans?
Airport Near New Orleans, Louisiana, US
|Airport Name||City||IATA Code|
|Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport||New Orleans||MSY|
|Gulfport Biloxi International Airport||Gulfport||GPT|
|Baton Rouge Metropolitan, Ryan Field||Baton Rouge||BTR|
|Hattiesburg Laurel Regional Airport||Hattiesburg/Laurel||PIB|
What major airports are in Louisiana?
|City served||FAA||Airport name|
|Monroe||MLU||Monroe Regional Airport|
|New Orleans||MSY||Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport|
|Shreveport||SHV||Shreveport Regional Airport|
What is the cheapest month to go to New Orleans?
The Cheapest Times to Visit New Orleans
Average hotel rates drop to their lowest in August, and average domestic flight prices are some of the cheapest throughout the year during July, August, and September. That means to get deep discounts, the best month to visit New Orleans is August.
Who flies nonstop to New Orleans?
Which airlines offer nonstop flights to New Orleans?
- Air Canada.
- Air Transat (starting Nov 7, 2019)
- Alaska Airlines.
- Allegiant Airlines.
- American Airlines.
- British Airways.
How far is Baton Rouge from New Orleans?
The total driving distance from Baton Rouge, LA to New Orleans, LA is 81 miles or 130 kilometers.
What does MSY stand for in New Orleans?
The three letter identifier for Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is MSY. It stands for Moisant Stock Yards.
Does Southwest fly to Louisiana?
Southwest ranks as the primary carrier at the airport, but other airlines provide service to New Orleans as well.
What is the largest airport in Louisiana?
The two largest airports in Louisiana are Louis Armstrong New Orleans International and Baton Rouge Airport.
How many airports does New Orleans have?
Louisiana airports offer excellent service and their technology is customer friendly. Louisiana has three international airports. They are the Alexandria International Airport at Alexandria, Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport at New Orleans and the Chennault International Airport at Lake Charles.
Where should you not stay in New Orleans?
In terms of New Orleans neighborhoods to avoid, gang violence has increased in the 6th District, which includes Central City, the Garden District, Hoffman Triangle, Irish Channel, Touro, and Zion City, where there have been shootings and homicides.
When should you not go to New Orleans?
Hotel rates are still low, and average high temperatures fall back into the 80s and mid-70s. You should still keep an eye on the weather report: Late August and September mark the height of hurricane season (which poses a threat from June to November).
What should first time visitors do in New Orleans?
In no particular order, here are the best things to do in New Orleans for any first–time visitor:
- Soak in the French Quarter Architecture.
- Create your Own Pub Crawl.
- Take a Cemetery Tour.
- Try Beignets at Cafe Du Monde.
- Have Drinks at the Famous Carousel Bar.
- Eat a Muffuletta from the Central Grocery and Deli.
Where does Southwest fly nonstop from New Orleans?
Southwest nonstops may include – ATL, AUS, BNA, BWI, CMH, DAL, DCA, DEN, FLL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSP, OAK, PHX, RDU, SAN, SAT, SMF, STL, TPA. Spirit Air Lines nonstops may include – ATL, BOS, BWI, CLE, DTW, EWR, FLL, IAH, LAS, LAX, MCO, MSP, ORD, TPA.
Does Southwest fly direct to New Orleans?
Southwest® flies direct from Dallas Love Field to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, so start packing your bags! Book your flight from Dallas (Love Field) to New Orleans with confidence, knowing that travel with us will be easy and enjoyable.
What is the best part of New Orleans to stay in?
1. French Quarter. The French Quarter is the city’s oldest and best-known neighborhood. Most visitors make a beeline to Bourbon Street, and many first-timers think the Quarter is nothing but a party.