- 1 How do I access my AirPort Time Capsule hard drive?
- 2 Can I use my AirPort time capsule as a hard drive?
- 3 Can I use Time Capsule just for backup?
- 4 Does Time Capsule need to be connected to router?
- 5 Does Apple still support time capsule?
- 6 How do I connect my time capsule to my computer?
- 7 Can I use Time Capsule without Internet?
- 8 What is the best replacement for time capsule?
- 9 Should I replace my time capsule?
- 10 Is Apple Time Capsule a router or modem?
- 11 What does the AirPort Time Capsule do?
How do I access my AirPort Time Capsule hard drive?
Follow our simple step by step guide to browse your Apple Time Capsule with your iPhone or iPad.
Enable File Sharing
- Select the “Disks” tab at the top of the utility.
- Ensure that “Enable file sharing” is ticked.
- Choose from the “Secure Shared Disks” drop down list. FileBrowser supports all 3 modes.
Can I use my AirPort time capsule as a hard drive?
Yes, it is possible to just use the Time Capsule as a network drive to store files. You don’t have to use it for Time Machine backups.
Can I use Time Capsule just for backup?
Yes, this is possible and actually quite simple. To prevent the Time Capsule from acting as a WiFi access point or router, and use it only as a backup disk, just open the AirPort Utility app on a Mac (Applications -> Utilities -> AirPort Utility) and do the following: Select your Time Capsule and hit Edit.
Does Time Capsule need to be connected to router?
The Time Capsule needs to connect to your modem/router using a wired Ethernet cable connection, assuming that you want to have access to the Internet using the Time Capsule. But there will be no internet without the modem.
Does Apple still support time capsule?
Though this change includes the AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme, we are focusing on the AirPort Time Capsule because many of our clients use it as a backup storage device. With Apple no longer selling the device, consumers are left with a functional device that does not keep pace with networking technology.
How do I connect my time capsule to my computer?
Connect wireless Windows PC’s
Right-click your wireless connection in your Task Tray, or your Wireless Connection under Network Connections, and select View Available Wireless Connections. Select your Time Capsule wireless network from the list and press Connect. Enter the wireless password you set up.
Can I use Time Capsule without Internet?
Yes, absolutely. You can connect the Time Capsule via ethernet to the rest of the network via its WAN port, and it will be available to any computer that connects to the network, whether that Mac is using Wi-Fi or not. In AirPort Utility, you can disable a base station offering Wi-Fi service.
What is the best replacement for time capsule?
What is the best alternative to Apple AirPort Time Capsule 2TB?
- Synology DS216+II. All. Top Pro.
- QNAP TS-451+ All. Top Pro.
- Western Digital My Cloud EX2 Ultra. All. Top Pro.
- Netgear ReadyNAS RN212. All. Top Pro.
- QNAP TS-128. All. Top Pro.
- Western Digital 4TB My Cloud. All. Top Pro.
- WD 2TB My Cloud Personal NAS. All. Top Con.
Should I replace my time capsule?
Are you still using an Apple AirPort Time Capsule as either your router or as a destination on which you store your Time Machine backups? If so, you should consider replacing it since Apple discontinued the product in 2018 and provided the last significant upgrade to the Time Capsule in 2012.
Is Apple Time Capsule a router or modem?
Answer: A: The TC is a wireless router.. it has no modem.. So if you can bridge your current modem router, then you can use the TC in role of the router.
What does the AirPort Time Capsule do?
The AirPort Time Capsule (originally named Time Capsule) is a wireless router which was sold by Apple Inc., featuring network-attached storage (NAS) and a residential gateway router, and is one of Apple’s AirPort products. They are, essentially, versions of the AirPort Extreme with an internal hard drive.