- 1 What do you do when you arrive at the airport?
- 2 What should I do at the airport for the first time?
- 3 How do I check in at the airport?
- 4 Should I check in before I get to the airport?
- 5 Is boarding pass print out necessary?
- 6 Do I need to print my boarding pass?
- 7 Can I use my phone on a plane?
- 8 How do I get to the airport by myself?
- 9 What things are not allowed in flight?
- 10 What’s the difference between online check in and airport check in?
- 11 Where do I get my boarding pass?
- 12 How long should you arrive at airport?
- 13 What happens if you don’t check in for a flight?
- 14 What happens if you can’t print your boarding pass?
- 15 What happens if I get to the airport too early?
What do you do when you arrive at the airport?
- Check-in for your flight.
- Hand over any luggage that would need to go into the aircraft hold, if you are travelling with luggage.
- Pass through the airport security gates to the departures hall.
- Find your boarding gate.
- Board the plane and fly to your destination.
What should I do at the airport for the first time?
Tips for First Time Flyers
- 1) Learn the airport procedures.
- 2) Check-in online.
- 3) Arrive in good time.
- 4) Learn the different types of baggage and the rules.
- 5) Weigh your baggage at home.
- 6) Make your baggage easily identifiable.
- 7) Keep checking your itinerary and flight status.
- 8) Remember all travel documents & passport.
How do I check in at the airport?
At the Check-in Gate
- If you’ve checked in online, drop off your baggage (if applicable) and head to the security line.
- If you haven’t checked in online prior to arrival, check in at a kiosk or in person at a check-in desk.
- After checking in by kiosk, drop off bags at the appropriate counter.
Should I check in before I get to the airport?
To allow time for checking luggage, getting through security, and walking or even riding what could be a long distance to your gate, it’s best to arrive at the airport at least two hours in advance—even if you’ve already checked in online.
Is boarding pass print out necessary?
Passengers are requested to carry a print out of their boarding card once they have completed their mobile Check-in. The boarding pass can also be obtained from one of the IndiGo counters at the airport. However, it is recommended to take the print in advance to skip the queue.
Do I need to print my boarding pass?
You can use your mobile boarding pass at most airports. Before you leave, check to see if your departure or connecting airports accept mobile boarding passes: If not, you can print a boarding pass before you head to the airport or from any self-service kiosk once you’re there.
Can I use my phone on a plane?
In the United States, the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) has outlawed using a phone while the plane is off the ground, regardless of the airline. This restriction is set by the FCC to circumvent possible issues with cell towers.
How do I get to the airport by myself?
Check-in Made Easy
- Check in before you go to the airport. Check in 24 hours before your flight leaves.
- Arrive at the airport early. Allow ample time in case there are hold-ups you can’t anticipate.
- Take care of your passport.
- Sail past baggage check.
What things are not allowed in flight?
Prohibited items in Cabin Baggage:
- Dry cell batteries.
- Knives, scissors, Swiss army knives and other sharp instruments.
- Toy replicas of fire arms and ammunition.
- Weapons such as whips, nan-chakus, baton, or stun gun.
- Electronic devices which cannot be switched off.
- Aerosols and liquids*
What’s the difference between online check in and airport check in?
Check-in at airport is a procedure where you can submit those luggage which you wish not to carry by yourself in the cabin & acquire the Boarding pass. Online Check-in is the process in which passengers confirm their presence on a flight via the Internet and typically print their own boarding passes.
Where do I get my boarding pass?
If you check in at the airport, you may print your boarding pass from a self-service kiosk near check-in, or an airline representative can print one for you at the check-in counter. If you lose your pre-printed boarding pass or misplace the link, you can reprint your boarding pass when you get to the airport.
How long should you arrive at airport?
All passengers must arrive at the airport at least two hours before departure time. Passengers have also been advised to only travel using authorised taxis and ensure that these are properly disinfected before getting inside.
What happens if you don’t check in for a flight?
If you don’t check in for your flight by the cut-off time, you may be denied boarding. The airline may bump you to the next available flight. If you are a no-show, you‘ll likely lose the value of your ticket.
What happens if you can’t print your boarding pass?
If no self-service station is available, the regular check-in desk personnel will reprint it for you. Some airlines in some locations allow using “mobile” boarding pass through their smartphone app, if this is the case for your airline and airport – then you don’t even need to reprint anything at all.
What happens if I get to the airport too early?
Is arriving at the airport two hours before a domestic flight too early? No, it’s not. If you arrive too early, the only things that will happen will be: you will likely be assured your luggage will be on the same aircraft you will be on.