- 1 What are the two airports in Costa Rica?
- 2 Which airport is SJC?
- 3 Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
- 4 What is the main airport in San Jose Costa Rica?
- 5 What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 6 Which Costa Rica Airport is the best to fly into?
- 7 What airlines fly into San Jose?
- 8 How far is SJC from SFO?
- 9 What airlines fly out of San Jose?
- 10 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 11 What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
- 12 How far is San Jose from Liberia?
- 13 Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
- 14 Is Costa Rica a US territory?
- 15 What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
What are the two airports in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica has two international airports: San Jose (Juan Santamaria International Airport – SJO) and Liberia (Daniel Oduber International Airport– LIR).
Which airport is SJC?
Mineta San Jose International Airport (IATA: SJC, ICAO: KSJC, FAA LID: SJC), also known as San Jose International Airport, is a city-owned public airport in San Jose, California, United States.
Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
What is the main airport in San Jose Costa Rica?
If you are planning on visiting the provinces of Alajuela, San Jose, Cartago, Limon or Puntarenas, the Juan Santamaria International Airport is the way to go. This airport is the primary hub in Costa Rica, and is located only about 1 mile away from the city of Alajuela, and just outside of downtown San Jose.
What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
Check out a (pretty) complete list of nonstop flights currently offered to Costa Rica:
- AIR CANADA.
- AIR TRANSAT.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS.
- COPA AIRLINES.
Which Costa Rica Airport is the best to fly into?
Although both airports (San Jose Intl & Liberia Intl Airport) have domestic flights, San Jose Intl (SJO) is the hub and it is much easier, cheaper & faster to travel from with domestic airlines. So if you are visiting the Caribbean, Pacific beaches in the south or the Central Valley, this is your hub.
What airlines fly into San Jose?
Direct from United States
|Southwest Airlines flights||United flights||Hawaiian Airlines flights|
|Delta flights||Alaska Airlines flights||Frontier Airlines flights|
|American Airlines flights||jetBlue flights|
How far is SJC from SFO?
The shortest distance (air line) between SFO and SJC is 30.19 mi (48.59 km). The shortest route between SFO and SJC is 33.30 mi (53.58 km) according to the route planner.
What airlines fly out of San Jose?
Airlines flying from San Jose
- Southwest Airlines (WN)25 destinations.
- Alaska (AS)19 destinations.
- Delta (DL)7 destinations.
- Volaris (Y4)5 destinations.
- American Airlines (AA)4 destinations.
- United Airlines (UA)3 destinations.
- Frontier Airlines (F9)3 destinations.
- JetBlue (B6)2 destinations.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
- Santa Teresa & Malpais Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
How far is San Jose from Liberia?
The distance between San Jose Airport (SJO) and Liberia Airport (LIR) is 161 km. The road distance is 210.5 km.
Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
Uber Coverage is Spotty in Costa Rica
Expanded coverage was announced in April 2019 but the pandemic of 2020 set things back and as of the 2021 high travel season over 3/4 of the country remains outside the official operating zone.
Is Costa Rica a US territory?
We officially recognized Costa Rica as an independent state in 1849, and our first diplomatic presence in Costa Rica was established as the Consulate in San José in 1852. The United States is Costa Rica’s top trading partner, accounting for around 40 percent of the country’s imports and exports.
What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.