- 1 What airport do you fly into for the Florida Keys?
- 2 What airlines fly directly to Key West?
- 3 What is the closest major airport to the Florida Keys?
- 4 Does Southwest fly to the Florida Keys?
- 5 What is the cheapest way to get to Key West?
- 6 What is the best month to visit the Florida Keys?
- 7 How long is the ferry ride from Miami to Key West?
- 8 Is there a train from Miami to Key West?
- 9 How long is the drive from Miami to Key West?
- 10 Is the drive from Miami to Key West worth it?
- 11 What is the cheapest time to go to Key West?
- 12 What is the drive like from Miami to Key West?
- 13 Is it better to fly into Fort Lauderdale or Miami?
- 14 Why did Southwest stop flying to Key West?
- 15 Do you need a car in Key West?
What airport do you fly into for the Florida Keys?
EYW — Key West International Airport — Visitors can fly to Key West International Airport via connections or direct flights from a host of Florida cities. The airport offers a host of ground transportation options, including local shuttle buses and rental cars. Getting around Key West is fun and easy!
What airlines fly directly to Key West?
Direct from United States
|Delta flights||United flights|
|American Airlines flights||Silver Airways flights|
What is the closest major airport to the Florida Keys?
The nearest airport to Key West is Key West (EYW) Airport which is 13.5 miles away. Other nearby airports include Miami (MIA) (113.7 miles), Ft. Myers (RSW) (131.3 miles), Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International (FLL) (133.4 miles) and West Palm Beach/Palm Beach (PBI) (169.4 miles).
Does Southwest fly to the Florida Keys?
Southwest Airlines Launches Service To Key West International Airport. Key West, a popular tourist destination, becomes the eighth city the airline serves in the state of Florida and the 78th city added to the airline’s vast route map.
What is the cheapest way to get to Key West?
By Air. Flying directly to Key West is not the cheapest option but it’s certainly an option. Delta and US Airways are the most popular companies that fly to Key West International. More direct flights are available during the high season.
What is the best month to visit the Florida Keys?
For most, though, the really good times for visiting the Florida Keys are in late April to early June and November to mid-December. Not much chance of a hurricane then.
How long is the ferry ride from Miami to Key West?
The ferry ride takes approximately 3.5 hours. Private Boaters — Experienced boaters can navigate to Key West along the Atlantic side of the Keys or by traveling on the Gulf of Mexico side.
Is there a train from Miami to Key West?
It takes approximately 2h 7m to get from Miami Station (Amtrak) to Key West, including transfers.
How long is the drive from Miami to Key West?
A: The drive to Key West takes approximately 4 hours from Miami. The distance is 159 Miles (256 KM). Driving the Overseas Highway is a one-of-a-kind experience. You will see some of the most spectacular scenery in the State.
Is the drive from Miami to Key West worth it?
The Miami to Key West Drive is absolutely stunning. There are tons of entertaining stops, and the drive itself is lined with brilliant blue beaches and gorgeous green trees. Basically, it’s the ideal road trip. Plus, you’ll get to see so much of Florida at once.
What is the cheapest time to go to Key West?
The key strategies are:
- Go during the off season, roughly June to November. (September and November are the cheapest of all.)
- Shop around for accommodations and compromise on amenities or location.
- Seek out affordable, casual restaurants.
- Take advantage of the many terrific free and inexpensive things to do in Key West.
What is the drive like from Miami to Key West?
The drive from Miami to Key West takes about four hours on the scenic Overseas Highway — and there’s so much to do during the 110-mile trip. If you don’t already live in the area, you’ll need to start by booking your visit to Florida with a flight to Miami.
Is it better to fly into Fort Lauderdale or Miami?
It may be cheaper to fly into Fort Lauderdale (FLL), but it should be noted that it can cost quite a bit more and take much longer to travel between the airport and Miami Beach. There is a free shuttle from the terminals to the Tri-Rail station and a one-way ticket to Miami costs $3.75 per person.
Why did Southwest stop flying to Key West?
Southwest Airlines said Thursday it will cease operations in three cities, including Key West. “Unfortunately, the level of local demand no longer allows Southwest to profitably serve these markets,” said Bob Jordan, Southwest’s executive VP and chief commercial officer.
Do you need a car in Key West?
You don’t really need a car in Key West unless you‘re planning to do a lot of shopping or are heading out to multiple far-fetched points in the Keys. The island is only four miles long and about one mile wide, so almost everything is located within walking distance.