- 1 What city is Logan Airport in?
- 2 Can you walk from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
- 3 Are there two airports in Boston?
- 4 How far is Logan Airport from downtown Boston?
- 5 What airlines fly into Logan?
- 6 How busy is Logan Airport?
- 7 How much does Logan Express cost?
- 8 How much is a taxi from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
- 9 Where do I get the silver line at Logan Airport?
- 10 What is the best neighborhood to stay in Boston?
- 11 What are the closest airports to Boston?
- 12 How many airports are there in Boston?
- 13 Is the Silver Line in Boston free?
- 14 Does Amtrak go to Logan Airport?
- 15 How do you pay for the T in Boston?
What city is Logan Airport in?
General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport (IATA: BOS, ICAO: KBOS, FAA LID: BOS), also known as Logan International Airport, and also commonly known as Boston Logan, Logan Airport or simply Logan, is an international airport that is located mostly in East Boston and partially in Winthrop, Massachusetts, United
Can you walk from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
It is technically possible but not advisable. Bear in mind that you can get on the Silver Line buses for free at Logan Airport and make it to downtown Boston in less than half an hour. The Silver Line runs every ten minutes or so and picks up at each terminal, so it is quite convenient.
Are there two airports in Boston?
Boston Airport (BOS) is officially named as General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport. – Boston Logan Airport is located in East Boston, 3 miles from downtown Boston. – BOS Airport is a hub for Cape Air and Delta Air Lines. – There are four terminals in Logan International Airport (A-B-C-E).
How far is Logan Airport from downtown Boston?
Logan Airport is less than 5 miles from the city center, so traveling between them is always relatively simple and shouldn’t be more than 15 minutes by car. If you happen to be commuting during weekday rush hour in the morning or evening, it can take up to 30 minutes.
What airlines fly into Logan?
Direct from United States
|American Airlines flights||Alaska Airlines flights||Cape Air flights|
|Delta flights||jetBlue flights||Silver Airways flights|
|United flights||Spirit Airlines flights|
|Southwest Airlines flights||Sun Country Airlines flights|
How busy is Logan Airport?
Busiest Times: Weekdays 7:00-9:00 AM, 3:00-5:00 PM. TSA screening times vary, depending day of the week and time of day. Always allow at least 20 minutes for security, but you can do a same-day check of screening line times at: http://www.whatsbusy.com/airport.
How much does Logan Express cost?
|Route||One way fare||10 ride|
|Back Bay||$3 (free from airport)||$30|
|Braintree, Framingham, Peabody, Woburn||$12||$75|
How much is a taxi from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
To go to Downtown Boston fare may vary between $ 20.00 – $ 45.00 (depending of the hour and the day) and do not include gratuity or tolls. All taxi vehicles at Boston Airport are metered.
Where do I get the silver line at Logan Airport?
The Silver Line SL1 will drop you off in front of your Logan terminal. The Silver Line SL1 is accessible for the disabled and runs from approximately 5:30AM to 12:30AM every day of the week.
What is the best neighborhood to stay in Boston?
The 7 Best Neighborhoods in Boston for Tourists
- Downtown. Downtown is Boston’s business district, but it’s also tourist central, thanks to the many attractions along the Freedom Trail and fronting the Boston Harbor.
- North End and Waterfront.
- Beacon Hill.
- Seaport District.
- Back Bay.
- South End.
- West End.
What are the closest airports to Boston?
Nearest Airport to Boston, MA, United States
- Logan International Airport (2.8 miles / 4.5 kilometers)
- Manchester–Boston Regional Airport (44.1 miles / 70.9 kilometers)
- Providence T. F. Green Airport (47.1 miles / 75.8 kilometers)
- New Bedford Regional Airport (47.5 miles / 76.4 kilometers)
How many airports are there in Boston?
Massachusetts has eight airports offering year round commercial and charter flights.
Is the Silver Line in Boston free?
The Massport Shuttle is always free, and the Silver Line is free from Logan Airport. You’ll need to buy a ticket or pass to make a connection to the bus, train, or ferry. CharlieTickets are valid for travel on the subway and local bus routes.
Does Amtrak go to Logan Airport?
Amtrak offers many daily runs between South Station and Providence. South Station may be accessed from Logan Airport by either Silver Line Shuttle or Taxi. The Silver Line service takes approximately 20 minutes.
How do you pay for the T in Boston?
How do I pay my fare? At most MBTA subway stops, you’ll use your CharlieCard or CharlieTicket at a fare gate to access the train platform. At street-level stops on the Green Line and Mattapan Trolley, you’ll pay your fare at the onboard fare box.