- 1 Can I use Time Capsule just for backup?
- 2 Is Apple AirPort Time Capsule a good router?
- 3 What can I use instead of a time capsule?
- 4 Can I use my AirPort time capsule as a hard drive?
- 5 Does Apple still support time capsule?
- 6 Can I use Time Capsule without Internet?
- 7 How much is a time capsule?
- 8 How fast is apple time capsule WIFI?
- 9 How long does Apple Time Capsule last?
- 10 What does an Apple Time Capsule do?
Can I use Time Capsule just for backup?
Yes, this is possible and actually quite simple. To prevent the Time Capsule from acting as a WiFi access point or router, and use it only as a backup disk, just open the AirPort Utility app on a Mac (Applications -> Utilities -> AirPort Utility) and do the following: Select your Time Capsule and hit Edit.
Is Apple AirPort Time Capsule a good router?
The Airport Capsule provided a robust router wifi system and gave folks like yourself a way to store and backup all of your precious files and photos. After some troubleshooting, we discovered the AirPort was the device slowing down Internet speeds.
What can I use instead of a time capsule?
AirPort Time Capsule Replacement Options
- Option 1 – Use The Time Machine Destination Feature in File Sharing.
- Option 2 – Buy Retrospect Desktop.
- Option 3 – Buy a Synology NAS.
- Option 4 – Buy a Synology Wi-Fi Router and Connect a Hard Drive to it.
- Option 5 – Buy one or more Eero Pros and a Synology NAS.
Can I use my AirPort time capsule as a hard drive?
Yes, it is possible to just use the Time Capsule as a network drive to store files. You don’t have to use it for Time Machine backups.
Does Apple still support time capsule?
Though this change includes the AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme, we are focusing on the AirPort Time Capsule because many of our clients use it as a backup storage device. With Apple no longer selling the device, consumers are left with a functional device that does not keep pace with networking technology.
Can I use Time Capsule without Internet?
Yes, absolutely. You can connect the Time Capsule via ethernet to the rest of the network via its WAN port, and it will be available to any computer that connects to the network, whether that Mac is using Wi-Fi or not. In AirPort Utility, you can disable a base station offering Wi-Fi service.
How much is a time capsule?
Savvy and non-Mac users, however, will still find the new Time Capsule lacking, both in features and customization options, considering it costs $299 for 2TB (or $399 for 3TB). The new Time Capsule comes sporting a completely new look, which Apple calls the “new top-down approach” to design.
How fast is apple time capsule WIFI?
The AirPort Time Capsule can broadcast 802.11ac wireless.. up to 1,300 Mbpsso it will be no challenge at all for the Time Capsule to handle a 100 Mbps Internet connection.
How long does Apple Time Capsule last?
A new Time Capsule should be good for another 4-5 years.
What does an Apple Time Capsule do?
Once it’s up and running on your network, the Time Capsule is visible to any Mac on the network as a valid Time Machine backup location. This makes Time Capsule a great way to make sure all your Macs are backed up all the time.