- 1 What does BWI Airport stand for?
- 2 Is BWI a large airport?
- 3 What is there to do at BWI Airport?
- 4 Is BWI in Washington DC?
- 5 How early should I get to BWI Airport?
- 6 What airlines use BWI as a hub?
- 7 Can you walk between concourses at BWI?
- 8 Is Baltimore airport safe?
- 9 What time does BWI airport open?
- 10 What can you do on a layover in Baltimore?
- 11 What restaurants are in BWI Airport?
- 12 Does BWI have a Starbucks?
- 13 How much is uber from BWI to Washington DC?
- 14 Is there a train from BWI to DC?
- 15 Is there a shuttle from Baltimore airport to Washington DC?
What does BWI Airport stand for?
The Maryland Aviation Administration (MAA) is the owner and operator of Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) and Martin State Airport.
Is BWI a large airport?
Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI) is the largest airport serving Baltimore–Washington D.C. metropolitan area. – BWI Airport is located 9 miles south of Baltimore. – Baltimore Airport has been ranked as one of the best airports in the world of its size.
What is there to do at BWI Airport?
Baltimore Washing International Thurgood Marshal Airport
- Stores Food & Drink Fitness Wi-Fi.
- Observation Gallery The Club BWI USO Meditation Room Art Exhibits Children’s Play Areas.
- Customer Service Traveling With Animals Families Nursing Mothers Currency Exchange Volunteering at BWI.
Is BWI in Washington DC?
Washington, D.C., is served by three different airports, and Baltimore/Washington International Airport—commonly known as BWI—is located about 45 miles north of Washington and just south of Baltimore, Maryland.
How early should I get to BWI Airport?
Arrive Early for a Worry-Free Travel Experience at BWI Marshall Airport. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) currently recommends travelers arrive 2 hours before scheduled Domestic Flights and 3 hours for International Flights.
What airlines use BWI as a hub?
Baltimore/Washington International Airport
|Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Location||Anne Arundel County, Maryland, U.S.|
|Hub for||Southern Airways Express|
|Focus city for||Southwest Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||143 ft / 44 m|
Can you walk between concourses at BWI?
After security checkpoints close for the night, travellers are not allowed to wander between the landside and airside.
Is Baltimore airport safe?
Security is state-of-the-art at BWI: Over the past few years, airport security has drastically improved. As per TSA regulations, all flyers have to go through security before being allowed to go to their gate. But you can feel safe and secure when traveling through BWI.
What time does BWI airport open?
Operating times of security checkpoints – TSA opens the checkpoints at 3:45am. Closings times vary by checkpoint.
What can you do on a layover in Baltimore?
Top Recommended Layover Activities:
- BWI Observation Gallery. You may kick yourself if you spend any time at the Airport without visiting the BWI Observation Gallery.
- BWI Trail.
- Downtown Baltimore.
- Washington DC, Our Nation’s Capitol.
- Smithsonian Institute.
- Historic Annapolis.
- Williamsburg, VA.
What restaurants are in BWI Airport?
- Silver Diner.
- DuClaw Brewing Co.
- Flying Dog Tap House.
- The Firkin & Flyer.
- Zona Cocina.
- Pie Five.
- Tony + Benny’s Pizza.
Does BWI have a Starbucks?
BWI Concourse B Gate B6: Starbucks Coffee Company.
How much is uber from BWI to Washington DC?
BWI to DC Airport Taxi / Uber / Lyft
The estimated cost for a trip to downtown DC is $90, though rates do vary. Uber/Lyft taken without any added surcharge fees usually cost between $41-$55, though the price can increase during rush hour.
Is there a train from BWI to DC?
The MARC Train is a commuter rail serving numerous locations in Maryland and Washington DC. The MARC Penn line runs between Union Station in Washington DC, Baltimore, and points north, to include a stop near BWI. To get to the MARC train, you need to catch a shuttle to the BWI Amtrak Station.
Is there a shuttle from Baltimore airport to Washington DC?
GO The Airport Shuttle offers airport transportation to and from BWI (Baltimore Washington International), IAD (Washington Dulles) and DCA (Ronald Reagan National) Airports. We also offer shuttle service to and from Amtrak-BWI, Amtrak Penn-Station-Baltimore and Union Station-Washington.