- 1 What airport do you fly into to get to Port Canaveral?
- 2 How much is a shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral?
- 3 How far is Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport?
- 4 How much is a taxi from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?
- 5 Is there a shuttle bus from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?
- 6 How much is uber from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?
- 7 Where should I stay for a cruise from Port Canaveral?
- 8 Does Royal Caribbean have shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral?
- 9 How do I get from Disney to Port Canaveral?
- 10 What hotels offer shuttles to Port Canaveral?
- 11 How far is Port Canaveral from Disney World?
- 12 How much is Disney transportation to Port Canaveral?
- 13 How do you get from Orlando to Port Canaveral?
- 14 How far is Port Canaveral from Cocoa Beach?
- 15 Can I drop off a rental car at Port Canaveral?
Orlando Melbourne International Airport | MLB
Located just 27 miles south, the Melbourne International Airport is the closest airport in distance to Port Canaveral.
$19.99 Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral Shuttle | Go Port.
The journey from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is about 45 miles.
By Car From Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral
Taxis are readily available at the airport and at Port Canaveral when you return from your cruise. Orlando International Airport estimates that the cost of a one-way taxi ride is about $115. Lyft and Uber also serve the airport.
Cortrans Shuttle Service
Cortrans is a family-owned shuttle service that offers four trips a day between the airport and cruise port. You can ride one-way for $20 or go round-trip for $40.
The rideshare services do offer service to Port Canaveral from the Orlando airport and other points in the area, but it can get pricey. Expect the ride to be about $60-$70 per car (not per person), each way or ~$140 round trip.
Among the best and closest hotels near Port Canaveral cruise terminal are the Homewood Suites Cape Canaveral–Cocoa Beach, Springhill Suites, Country Inn & Suites Port Canaveral and Home2 Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral Cruise Port. Most of these properties offer a shuttle transfer and cruise parking for a fee.
Royal Caribbean offers a bus service of its own (called transfers) to bring you to the port from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Royal Caribbean offers transfers in one way increments (you can book two one-ways to create a round trip).
In Florida, Disney offers bus transfers between any of the Walt Disney World resort hotels and Port Canaveral, or between the Orlando (MCO) airport or the Hyatt MCO and Port Canaveral. You can also do a multi-part transfer (for example airport-resort-port-airport).
Orlando Hotels with Shuttle to Port Canaveral
- Marriott Lakeside Orlando Airport – Starting at $186.
- DoubleTree Orlando Airport – Starting at $191.
- Fairfield Orlando Airport – Starting at $191.
- Holiday Inn Orlando Airport – Starting at $138.
- Hampton Inn Orlando Airport Gateway – Starting at $161.
- Homewood Suites Orlando Airport Gateway – Starting at $176.
Technically, your cruise ship is stopping in Port Canaveral, FL. This port is about 45 miles away from the Walt Disney World area. So, if you want to get to the attractions, you will need to get transportation to and from the parks.
Prices can change, but currently the cost for a DCL transfer from a WDW hotel to Port Canaveral is $35 per person. Kids under age three ride free; there is no price break for older children.
There are several shuttle services that run from the Orlando Airport that will take you to the Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal. Some of these options include Contrans Shuttle Service, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, and Mears Transportation. These services tend to be the cheapest.
The distance between Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach is 6 miles.
Enterprise, National and Alamo – 0.5 miles from Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 1. These three major car rental companies operate from a shared office close to the cruise terminal. They have the largest parking area and offer fast pick-up and drop–off. Enterprise Car Rental Port Canaveral from $61.99 per day.