- 1 Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
- 2 What is the main airport in Costa Rica?
- 3 What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 4 How far is Costa Rica from Miami?
- 5 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 6 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 7 What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
- 8 Do you need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
- 9 How long is flight to Costa Rica?
- 10 What is the best time of year to visit Costa Rica?
- 11 What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
- 12 When should you not go to Costa Rica?
- 13 How long is the plane ride from Miami to Costa Rica?
- 14 Can you drive from Florida to Costa Rica?
- 15 Is Costa Rica safe?
Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
What is the main airport in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica has two international airports: San Jose (Juan Santamaria International Airport – SJO) and Liberia (Daniel Oduber International Airport– LIR).
What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
Check out a (pretty) complete list of nonstop flights currently offered to Costa Rica:
- AIR CANADA.
- AIR TRANSAT.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS.
- COPA AIRLINES.
How far is Costa Rica from Miami?
The distance between Miami and Costa Rica is 1771 km.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
10 Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park. Add.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature. Add.
- The Guanacaste Beaches. Natural Feature. Add.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park. Add.
- Manuel Antonio Park. Park. Add.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest. Forest, Hiking Trail. Add.
- Santa Teresa. Natural Feature. Add.
- Arenal Volcano. Natural Feature. Add.
What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
Do you need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
US nationals do not require an entry visa to Costa Rica. However, they must have a current valid passport and a return ticket to exit Costa Rica within 90 days. US passport must be valid for a minimum of one day from the day you enter Costa Rica.
How long is flight to Costa Rica?
The total flight duration from United States to Costa Rica is 4 hours, 41 minutes. If you’re planning a trip, remember to add more time for the plane to taxi between the gate and the airport runway. This measurement is only for the actual flying time.
What is the best time of year to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches. That said, the dry season is the most popular (and expensive) time to visit.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica is September.
When should you not go to Costa Rica?
Rainiest Months. As we said, many areas of Costa Rica are very nice during much of the rainy season. But if you have just a week or two to get away, there are certain times of year you‘ll want to avoid. The rainiest months in general are September and October.
How long is the plane ride from Miami to Costa Rica?
The total flight duration from Miami, FL to Costa Rica is 2 hours, 43 minutes.
Can you drive from Florida to Costa Rica?
Yes, the driving distance between Florida to Costa Rica is 5148 km. It takes approximately 2 days 16h to drive from Florida to Costa Rica.
Is Costa Rica safe?
Country Summary: While petty crime is the predominant threat for tourists in Costa Rica, violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide and sexual assault, occurs in Costa Rica. The Costa Rican government provides additional security resources in areas frequented by tourists. Read the country information page.