- 1 What airport do you fly into to get to Amelia Island?
- 2 How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville Airport?
- 3 How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville?
- 4 Is there a shuttle from Jacksonville airport to Amelia Island?
- 5 Is Amelia Island Expensive?
- 6 Do I need a car on Amelia Island?
- 7 Where should I stay on Amelia Island?
- 8 Can you swim at Amelia Island?
- 9 How far is Amelia Island from Savannah?
- 10 Does Amelia Island have white sand?
- 11 Is Amelia Island a good place to retire?
- 12 How far is it from Amelia Island to St Augustine?
- 13 Is there Uber on Amelia Island?
- 14 How do I get from Jacksonville airport to St Augustine?
- 15 Can you drive on the beach in Amelia Island?
What airport do you fly into to get to Amelia Island?
The closest major airport to Amelia Island is Jacksonville International (JAX), about a 30-minute drive away.
How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville Airport?
Amelia Island is just a 30-minute drive from Jacksonville International Airport.
How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville?
Just 30 miles from Jacksonville, Amelia Island is a world apart.
Is there a shuttle from Jacksonville airport to Amelia Island?
EZ Airport Shuttle now provides prr-arranged Shared Shuttle Services for passengers traveling to the Ritz Carlton and the Omni, Amelia Plantation. Use our affordable shared shuttle service at the Jacksonville International Airport and save on your transportation expenses.
Is Amelia Island Expensive?
The cost of staying in Amelia Island is much higher than the average city. On average hotels are less expensive than vacation rentals. Luxury vacation rentals are more expensive in Amelia Island due to very high property costs.
Do I need a car on Amelia Island?
No car is needed when you visit Amelia Island, where it’s easy to get around on Segways, horses, bikes and even golf carts. On Amelia Island, a barrier island that’s only a quarter-mile wide in some places, and no more than three miles wide in others, using your own two feet is always an excellent option.
Where should I stay on Amelia Island?
Where to Stay on Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation. This luxury resort is a golfer’s paradise with an oceanfront course that meanders right above the dune line.
- Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island.
- Fort Clinch State Park.
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge.
- The Fairbanks House.
- Private Home Rentals.
Can you swim at Amelia Island?
Amelia Island, the southernmost island of the Sea Islands off the upper northeast coast of Florida, boasts 13 miles of stunning beaches that offer tourists swimming, fishing, surfing, kite flying, and much more.
How far is Amelia Island from Savannah?
Yes, the driving distance between Savannah to Amelia Island is 119 miles.
Does Amelia Island have white sand?
With a different eco-sytem than most of the Sunshine State, Amelia Island offers a combination of spacious white–sand beaches and natural green marshes.
Is Amelia Island a good place to retire?
On the fun side, the history, culture, golf, activities and natural beauty of the island make Amelia Island a great place for anyone to enjoy their retirement years.
How far is it from Amelia Island to St Augustine?
The distance between Amelia Island and St. Augustine is 50 miles.
Is there Uber on Amelia Island?
You can access Uber and Lyft 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Fernandina Beach, FL depending on the availability of drivers in your area at the time of your request.
How do I get from Jacksonville airport to St Augustine?
The best way to get from Jacksonville Airport (JAX) to St. Augustine without a car is to line 1 bus and bus which takes 2h 51m and costs $12 – $20.
Can you drive on the beach in Amelia Island?
The city of Fernandina Beach has announced effective May 8, 2020, vehicles will be allowed to drive onto the beach to park in the sand at Seaside Park (near Sliders).