- 1 What is the closest major airport to Cape Cod?
- 2 How far is Cape Cod from Boston airport?
- 3 What airports are near Cape Cod?
- 4 How far is it from Boston to Cape Cod?
- 5 How far is Martha’s Vineyard from Cape Cod?
- 6 What is the best time of year to go to Cape Cod?
- 7 How long is the ferry ride from Boston to Cape Cod?
- 8 Does Amtrak go to Cape Cod?
- 9 How far is Martha’s Vineyard from Boston?
- 10 How far is Providence from Cape Cod?
- 11 Can u drive to Cape Cod?
- 12 Can you drive to Martha’s Vineyard from Cape Cod?
- 13 Can you swim in the ocean in Boston?
- 14 What is Cape Cod known for?
- 15 Is there Uber on Cape Cod?
What is the closest major airport to Cape Cod?
Cape Cod’s main airport, Barnstable Municipal Airport, is in the Mid-Cape town of Hyannis. Flights from New York City via Jet Blue take about an hour; from Boston’s Logan Airport it’s even quicker, half an hour.
How far is Cape Cod from Boston airport?
The distance between Boston / Logan Airport and Cape Cod is 63 miles.
What airports are near Cape Cod?
Major airports near Cape Cod:
- 7 miles to Barnstable Municipal Airport (HYA / KHYA)
- 40 miles to Nantucket Memorial Airport (ACK / KACK)
- 43 miles to Martha’s Vineyard Airport (MVY / KMVY)
- 47 miles to Provincetown Municipal Airport (PVC / KPVC)
- 49 miles to New Bedford Regional Airport (EWB / KEWB)
How far is it from Boston to Cape Cod?
The distance between Boston and the Cape is only about 70 miles, close enough that Bostonians can enjoy an easy weekend getaway, or even venture to Hyannis, Provincetown or Falmouth for a day-trip.
How far is Martha’s Vineyard from Cape Cod?
Martha’s Vineyard is much closer to the Cape Cod mainland—just 3 nautical miles, a 45-minute ferry ride from Woods Hole in Falmouth—and no matter which town you arrive in (boats land in Vineyard Haven, Oak Bluffs, and Edgartown), it’s worthwhile to explore other parts of the island, whether by car, bus, or bike.
What is the best time of year to go to Cape Cod?
The best time to visit Cape Cod is May, June, September or October. These shoulder months usher in pleasant temperatures for outdoor pursuits, fewer crowds than the busy summer season and reasonable room rates.
How long is the ferry ride from Boston to Cape Cod?
About the Ferries, Ports & Fares. A 90-minute Boston–Cape Cod ferry ride cuts miles, and perhaps hours of travel time, off travel between Boston and Provincetown.
Does Amtrak go to Cape Cod?
The Cape Codder was a seasonal passenger train operated by Amtrak between New York City and Hyannis, Massachusetts, on Cape Cod.
Cape Codder (train)
|Distance travelled||264 miles (425 km)|
|Average journey time||6 hours 28 minutes|
How far is Martha’s Vineyard from Boston?
How far is it from Boston to Martha’s Vineyard Island? The distance between Boston and Martha’s Vineyard Island is 69 miles.
How far is Providence from Cape Cod?
Yes, the driving distance between Providence to Cape Cod is 79 miles.
Can u drive to Cape Cod?
To access any of Cape Cod’s beaches in your vehicle, you must, first of all, have a four-wheel drive truck or SUV. Attempting to drive on the sand without this equipment is a recipe for failure and will lead to you getting stuck. In fact, officials won’t even let you attempt it.
Can you drive to Martha’s Vineyard from Cape Cod?
It’s true, Martha’s Vineyard is an Island located off the south shores of Cape Cod. With no bridge or connected road, you can‘t drive here, so travel via air or sea is the only way to arrive. For those planning to take a ferry, the option of taking your car over is available only through the Steamship Authority.
Can you swim in the ocean in Boston?
The majority of Boston area beaches are accessible by public transit and most have sandy shorelines. Waters here are warm enough for swimming and/or recreational activities. There are plenty of clean and clear freshwater lakes perfect for swimming, boating, fishing and camping throughout the state.
What is Cape Cod known for?
14 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Cape Cod & the Islands
- Cape Cod National Seashore. Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Nantucket. Nantucket.
- Provincetown. Provincetown waterfront.
- Martha’s Vineyard. Martha’s Vineyard.
- Cape Cod Whale Watching. Cape Cod Whale Watching.
- Sandwich. Walkway over marshland in Sandwich, Massachusetts.
- Chatham and the Marconi Maritime Center. Chatham lighthouse.
Is there Uber on Cape Cod?
The ride-for-hire service Uber will begin operating on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket Friday.