- 1 What country is Princess Juliana Airport in?
- 2 What airport do you fly into for St Maarten?
- 3 How many airports are in St Maarten?
- 4 Is St Maarten Airport dangerous?
- 5 Is Sint Maarten safe?
- 6 Is SXM airport open?
- 7 What is the best time of year to go to St Maarten?
- 8 How much is a plane ticket to St Martin?
- 9 Do you need a passport to fly to St Maarten?
- 10 What airlines fly direct to St Maarten?
- 11 What is St Maarten known for?
- 12 Who flies direct to St Martin?
- 13 What is the most dangerous airline?
- 14 Is Maho Beach dangerous?
- 15 What is the most dangerous airport in the USA?
What country is Princess Juliana Airport in?
Princess Juliana International Airport (IATA: SXM, ICAO: TNCM) is the main airport on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. The airport is located on the Dutch side of the island, in the country of Sint Maarten.
What airport do you fly into for St Maarten?
St. Maarten Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM) is the major gateway for the smaller Leeward Islands of the Caribbean.
How many airports are in St Maarten?
Martin. The island has two airports.
Is St Maarten Airport dangerous?
The airport at St Maarten is often known as one of the most dangerous in the world – for spectators, if not for travellers – thanks to the location of its runway with a public beach at one end, and a mountain at the other.
Is Sint Maarten safe?
There is violent crime amongst members of the illegal drugs world, but this rarely affects tourists. The main tourist areas are generally safe, but you should take sensible precautions. Avoid remote areas at night. Do not take valuables to the beach.
Is SXM airport open?
SXM Airport remains open and operational.
What is the best time of year to go to St Maarten?
The best time to visit St. Martin and St. Maarten is May and June or between November and mid-December. These select weeks are times when hotels advertise their best rates.
How much is a plane ticket to St Martin?
Good to know
|Low season||September||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 3% drop in price.|
|High season||December||Most popular time to fly with an average 12% increase in price.|
|Average price round-trip||$704||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
|Good deal round-trip||$220||or less|
|Good deal one-way||$88||or less|
Do you need a passport to fly to St Maarten?
U.S. and Canadian citizens must have a passport or a combination of a birth certificate and photo ID, plus a return or ongoing ticket, to enter St. Maarten/St. countries must also have a current passport.
What airlines fly direct to St Maarten?
Which airlines offer direct flights to St Maarten? Winair, Air Antilles Express, Saint Barth Commuter, Air France, KLM, jetBlue, American Airlines and Qatar Airways all fly non-stop to St Maarten.
What is St Maarten known for?
St. Martin’s Dutch side is known for its festive nightlife, beaches, jewelry, drinks made with native rum-based guavaberry liquors, and casinos. The island’s French side is known for its nude beaches, clothes, shopping (including outdoor markets), and French and Indian Caribbean cuisine.
Who flies direct to St Martin?
Direct from United States
|Delta flights||jetBlue flights|
|American Airlines flights||United flights|
What is the most dangerous airline?
None of the airlines below attained any more than two out of seven stars.
- Tara Air. Tara Air managed to accumulate just one out of seven stars.
- Nepal Airlines. Nepal has seen nine fatal accidents over the last eight years.
- Ariana Afghan Airlines.
- Bluewing Airlines.
- Kam Air.
- Trigana Air Service.
- SCAT Airlines.
Is Maho Beach dangerous?
With winds from the airplanes reaching more than 100 mph, serious injury or even death is possible and many tourists have been blown into the ocean from the force of the jet blast. Although there are numerous signs warning people to stay away, hundreds still flock to the area for the thrill and experience.
What is the most dangerous airport in the USA?
Scariest U.S. Airports
- Midway International Airport, Chicago, IL.
- Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport, Sitka, AK.
- Yeager Airport, Charleston, WV.
- San Diego International Airport, San Diego, CA.
- LaGuardia Airport, New York, NY.
- Catalina Airport, Avalon, CA.
- Telluride Regional Airport, Telluride, CO.
- Reagan National Airport, Washington, DC.