- 1 How do I get from San Jose to Tamarindo?
- 2 What airport do you fly into for Tamarindo Costa Rica?
- 3 Is Tamarindo worth visiting?
- 4 How much is a taxi from Liberia airport to Tamarindo?
- 5 Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
- 6 How far is Tamarindo Beach from San Jose?
- 7 What side of Costa Rica is better?
- 8 Do you need a car in Tamarindo?
- 9 Is Tamarindo Costa Rica expensive?
- 10 Is Tamarindo Safe 2020?
- 11 Which is better Tamarindo or Jaco?
- 12 Is it safe to swim in Tamarindo?
- 13 What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
- 14 Is there Uber in Costa Rica Liberia?
- 15 What is the best city to stay in Costa Rica?
How do I get from San Jose to Tamarindo?
Two bus companies run routes to Tamarindo: Alfaro from San José (via Liberia), and La Pampa from Liberia. Alfaro runs two buses per day from San José: 11:30 a.m. (stopping in Liberia) and 3:30 p.m. (via Caldera). The cost is around $10 per person and the trip takes around 5.5 hours. Bags must be stowed under the bus.
What airport do you fly into for Tamarindo Costa Rica?
The closest international airport to Tamarindo is the Daniel Oduber Airport in Liberia (LIR). It has connections to many international cities such as Toronto, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Panama and New York. The airport is located about 45 minutes out of Tamarindo.
Is Tamarindo worth visiting?
Tamarindo is known for its gorgeous white sand beaches that are a hotspot for surfers, families, and tourists from all over the globe. It’s definitely worth visiting if you’re looking to soak up the Costa Rican sunshine or try surfing for the first time.
How much is a taxi from Liberia airport to Tamarindo?
The fastest way to get from Liberia Airport (LIR) to Tamarindo is to taxi which takes 1h 19m and costs $75 – $95.
Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
Uber Coverage is Spotty in Costa Rica
Expanded coverage was announced in April 2019 but the pandemic of 2020 set things back and as of the 2021 high travel season over 3/4 of the country remains outside the official operating zone.
How far is Tamarindo Beach from San Jose?
The road distance from San Jose to Tamarindo is about 261 kilometres or 162 miles.
What side of Costa Rica is better?
The Best Places on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
Do you need a car in Tamarindo?
Honestly, once you get to Tamarindo you don’t really need a car, so I wouldn’t recommend going this route unless you have plans to go to another area later. If you do rent a car and are only going to Tamarindo, you do not need a 4×4 vehicle if you take the correct route.
Is Tamarindo Costa Rica expensive?
Tamarindo is one of the more expensive destinations in Costa Rica, so it’s easy to overspend if you’re doing a lot of tours and excursions. Here are some suggested ways to save money in Tamarindo: Take advantage of happy hours – There are lots of happy hours in towns with lots of 2-for-1 beer deals, including at Nogui.
Is Tamarindo Safe 2020?
Tamarindo, Puerto Viejo and Drake Bay are the safest areas in Costa Rica. You’ll hardly find any crime here apart from the typical pickpocketing.
Which is better Tamarindo or Jaco?
Sand quality is better in Tamarindo so the beach is prettier. Jaco has a dark, fine brown sand that makes the beach look dirty. However, if you get your focus off the sand and take in the whole scene, Jaco is quite beautiful – it’s a large bay flanked by rainforests on both ends and surrounded by mountains.
Is it safe to swim in Tamarindo?
Is it safe to swim in Tamarindo? For the most part, swimming is safe, but you have to be careful of currents. Check the riptides before you go in the water (or ask the locals) and ask someone on the beach to look out for you. Some days there is hardly any undertow, other days it can be strong.
What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
- Santa Teresa & Malpais Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
Is there Uber in Costa Rica Liberia?
There is Uber in Costa Rica (in some cities)
It’s always available in cities like San Jose (and somewhat in Liberia) and can be a good option for getting into town from the San Jose airport.
What is the best city to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.