- 1 How long is the ferry from Provincetown to Boston?
- 2 Is there a ferry from Provincetown to Boston?
- 3 Is there a train from Boston to Provincetown?
- 4 How do you get to Provincetown from Boston?
- 5 How much is ferry from Boston to Provincetown?
- 6 Is there a ferry from Cape Cod to Boston?
- 7 What is Provincetown known for?
- 8 Where does the Provincetown ferry leave from?
- 9 What is there to do in Provincetown today?
- 10 Do you need a car in Provincetown?
- 11 How far is Boston from Provincetown as the crow flies?
- 12 How far is Providence from Boston?
- 13 Can you drive from Boston to Provincetown?
- 14 Is there a train from Boston to Cape Cod?
- 15 How far is Provincetown from Cape Cod?
How long is the ferry from Provincetown to Boston?
How long is the trip? The P-Town Ferry, Salacia*, has an average trip time of 90 minutes underway from dock to dock.
Is there a ferry from Provincetown to Boston?
The Provincetown Boston ferry route connects United States with United States. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Boston Harbor Cruises. The crossing operates up to 21 times each week with sailing durations from around 1 hour 30 minutes.
Is there a train from Boston to Provincetown?
CapeFLYER.com is a summer weekend passenger train that runs from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day from South Station in Boston to Hyannis Depot, with stops in Braintree, Brockton, Middleborough/Lakeville, Wareham Village, Buzzards Bay and Bourne. Check P&B and PeterPan bus schedules for connections to Provincetown.
How do you get to Provincetown from Boston?
By Plane: Cape Air / Nantucket Airlines
Get from Boston to Provincetown in 20-25 minutes and enjoy a spectacular view of Cape Cod Bay. Sometimes the pilots will steer you over a pod of whales, which is a blast. Cape Air offers many daily, year-round flights from Boston to Provincetown.
How much is ferry from Boston to Provincetown?
FAST FERRY FARES
|ADULT||$61 – $64*||$90 – $96*|
|CHILD (3-12)||$41 – $44*||$67 – $73*|
|BABIES (under 3)||$25||$35|
|SENIOR (65+)||$57 – $60*||$80 – $86*|
Is there a ferry from Cape Cod to Boston?
About the Ferries, Ports & Fares. A 90-minute Boston–Cape Cod ferry ride cuts miles, and perhaps hours of travel time, off travel between Boston and Provincetown.
What is Provincetown known for?
A small coastal resort town with a year-round population of just under 3,000, Provincetown has a summer population of as high as 60,000. Often called “P-town” or “P’town”, the town is known for its beaches, harbor, artists, tourist industry, and its status as a vacation destination for the LGBT+ community.
Where does the Provincetown ferry leave from?
Daily, scheduled ninety-minute ferry service is provided between Provincetown’s MacMillan Wharf and Boston’s World Trade Center by Bay State Cruises and Boston’s Long Wharf by Boston Harbor Cruises.
What is there to do in Provincetown today?
19 Top-Rated Things to Do in Provincetown, MA
- Visit Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum. The Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown.
- Spot a Seal on Race Point Beach.
- Shop on Commercial Street.
- Fish from MacMillan Pier.
- Hit the Water with Captain John Boats.
- Lounge on Herring Cove Beach.
- Get Inspired in Provincetown’s Art Galleries.
- Cycle the Province Lands Bike Trail.
Do you need a car in Provincetown?
If you plan to spend your entire vacation in Provincetown, you don’t need a car, because everything is within walking or biking distance. And because parking is a hassle in this tiny town, consider leaving your car at home and taking a boat from Boston or Plymouth.
How far is Boston from Provincetown as the crow flies?
The calculation of flight time is based on the straight line distance from Boston, MA to Provincetown, MA (“as the crow flies“), which is about 50 miles or 80 kilometers. Your trip begins in Boston, Massachusetts.
How far is Providence from Boston?
The distance between Providence and Boston is 41 miles. The road distance is 49.8 miles.
Can you drive from Boston to Provincetown?
Yes, the driving distance between Boston to Provincetown is 115 miles. It takes approximately 2h 27m to drive from Boston to Provincetown.
Is there a train from Boston to Cape Cod?
Boston to Cape Cod by Train
Unfortunately, there is no Amtrak train from Boston to Cape Cod. However, from around Memorial Day through Labor Day, the MBTA (Boston’s public transportation system) offers a train line called the CapeFlyer that provides service to Wareham Village, Buzzard’s Bay and Hyannis.
How far is Provincetown from Cape Cod?
– Misconception number 1: Cape Cod is a small beach community that you can get around by walking and by bike. Not unless you really like biking! The Cape is 65 miles long from Bourne to Provincetown with fifteen different Cape Cod towns and villages to consider.