- 1 Where do you fly into for Negril Jamaica?
- 2 How far is Negril Jamaica from the airport?
- 3 Is Ochos Rios or Negril closer to airport?
- 4 How far is it from Negril to Montego Bay?
- 5 Which is better Negril or Montego Bay?
- 6 Is Negril in Jamaica safe?
- 7 What’s better Ocho Rios or Negril?
- 8 How long is ride from Montego Bay to Negril?
- 9 Does Negril Jamaica have an airport?
- 10 What is the nicest part of Jamaica?
- 11 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 12 Is Negril worth visiting?
- 13 What is 7 mile beach Jamaica?
- 14 How many hours from Kingston to Negril?
- 15 How long is the drive from Ocho Rios to Negril?
Where do you fly into for Negril Jamaica?
For overseas visitors getting to Negril, Jamaica has two international airports:
- Donald Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, an 81km (50-mile) drive southwest.
- Norman Manley Kingston Airport, a 242km (150 miles) drive to the east, which usually takes 4-hour, maybe more.
How far is Negril Jamaica from the airport?
Travelling to Negril from Montego Bay’s Donald Sangster International Airport will take up to 90 minutes and about 45 miles, depending on where in Negril you want to go. Jamaica Customised Vacation and Tours, a transfer and tour services provider can help you get there in style.
Is Ochos Rios or Negril closer to airport?
Negril is about 90 min. (not miles) from the airport and Ocho Rios is only slightly farther.
How far is it from Negril to Montego Bay?
Yes, the driving distance between Montego Bay to Negril is 76 km. It takes approximately 1h 15m to drive from Montego Bay to Negril.
Which is better Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Is Negril in Jamaica safe?
In general, Negril is quite safe. It’s fine to walk the beach or the cliff road during the day. You’ll get approached regularly by hustlers selling everything a polite ‘no thanks’ (sometimes repeated) is almost always sufficient.
What’s better Ocho Rios or Negril?
If traveling with kids to Jamaica, Negril is a better choice than Ocho Rios. This is because Negril has the best beaches and offers more family-friendly activities. On the other hand, Ocho Rios often gets crowded with cruise ships tourists, and is therefore generally better suited for adult travelers.
How long is ride from Montego Bay to Negril?
From the airport at Montego Bay, it is an 81km (50-mile) drive southwest to Negril, a trip that usually takes 2 hours but could take more or less, depending on traffic conditions. The road winds scenically past ruins of sugar estates and great houses.
Does Negril Jamaica have an airport?
Negril Aerodrome (IATA: NEG, ICAO: MKNG) is an airport serving Negril in western Jamaica. It is located 7 km (4.3 mi) north of Negril Point.
What is the nicest part of Jamaica?
Where to Go in Jamaica: 5 Destinations You Can’t Miss
- Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.
- Montego Bay. Affectionately known as MoBay, Montego Bay is a good point of entry to Jamaica.
- Port Antonio.
- Ocho Rios.
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
Is Negril worth visiting?
Negril is our favorite because it’s so friendly and easy to get around and there are TONS of small hotels on the beach and cliffs, tons of nightlife and many, many great restaurants to try. (I wouldn’t recommend the cliffs with small children though – it’s a long way down.)
What is 7 mile beach Jamaica?
The beach is near Norman Manley Boulevard in Negril, which is a relatively small town with a population of just over 3,000 people. Considered a legendary beach for experienced beach hoppers, Seven Mile Beach consists of a long four-mile stretch, while the other three miles extends into Bloody Bay.
How many hours from Kingston to Negril?
How long is the drive from Kingston, Jamaica to Negril, Jamaica? The total driving time is 3 hours, 51 minutes. Your trip begins in Kingston, Jamaica. It ends in Negril, Jamaica.
How long is the drive from Ocho Rios to Negril?
Yes, the driving distance between Ocho Rios to Negril is 178 km. It takes approximately 2h 54m to drive from Ocho Rios to Negril.