- 1 What is the best area to stay in San Jose Costa Rica?
- 2 How far is the beach from San Jose Costa Rica airport?
- 3 What is there to do near SJO airport?
- 4 How much is a taxi from San Jose Costa Rica airport to downtown?
- 5 Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
- 6 Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
- 7 Which side is better in Costa Rica?
- 8 Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
- 9 Should I go to Liberia or San Jose?
- 10 Is there anything to do in San Jose?
- 11 Is San Jose in Costa Rica safe?
- 12 Is San Jose Costa Rica safe to visit?
- 13 How do I get from San Jose Airport to downtown?
- 14 Do you tip taxi drivers in Costa Rica?
- 15 What time of year is best to visit Costa Rica?
What is the best area to stay in San Jose Costa Rica?
Each caters to different interests, so be sure to pick the neighbourhood that’s right for you.
- Neighborhood #1 – Downtown.
- Neighborhood #2 – Barrio Amon.
- Neighborhood #4 – Cartago.
- Neighborhood #5 – Aranjuez.
- Neighborhood #6 – Escazu.
- Neighborhood #7 – Escalante.
How far is the beach from San Jose Costa Rica airport?
From San Jose, Playas del Coco is 244 kilometers (152 miles), about a 4.5 hour drive. Playas del Coco is the closest beach town to an international airport in Costa Rica.
What is there to do near SJO airport?
- Teatro Nacional Costa Rica.
- Pre-Columbian Gold Museum.
- Jade Museum.
- Museo Nacional De Costa Rica.
- Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo.
- Central Market (Mercado Central)
- Parque La Sabana.
- Museo de los Ninos.
How much is a taxi from San Jose Costa Rica airport to downtown?
A taxi ride from Juan Santamaría International Airport to downtown San José costs between $20 and $30.
Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
Costa Rica’s most beautiful beaches are located in northwest Costa Rica (Guanacaste, the Nicoya Peninsula) and the southern Caribbean (Puerto Viejo, Cahuita). In both regions you’ll find light sand, warm tropical water, and — when conditions are right — great surfing.
Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
Uber Coverage is Spotty in Costa Rica
Expanded coverage was announced in April 2019 but the pandemic of 2020 set things back and as of the 2021 high travel season over 3/4 of the country remains outside the official operating zone.
Which side is better in Costa Rica?
The Best Places on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica can boast two stunning coastlines, along both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, which means that there are dozens of white, tan, and black sand beaches that are perfect for any relaxing getaway.
Should I go to Liberia or San Jose?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
Is there anything to do in San Jose?
With 156 acres of stuff to do, you can enjoy gardens, the park’s trails, the zoo, and museums. Kelley Park is the home of the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo, Japanese Friendship Garden, San Jose History Park, Viet Museum, and Portuguese Historical Museum among other historical societies.
Is San Jose in Costa Rica safe?
Though Costa Rica has the lowest crime rate of any Central American country, crime in urban centers such as San José is a problem. The most common offense is opportunistic theft (eg pickpocketing and mugging).
Is San Jose Costa Rica safe to visit?
There are a number of safe tourist attractions in San José during the day, but avoid walking around at night. Some of Costa Rica’s coastal towns such as Jacó — on the Pacific Coast, and Limón — on the Caribbean coast, have also seen their fair share of crime due to an increased number of tourists.
How do I get from San Jose Airport to downtown?
The San Jose International Airport, Costa Rica, is easy to reach from downtown San Jose. Taking the bus either from the airport or to the airport is simple, safe, cheap and quick 35-minute journey. This is the SJO Airport Bus to San Jose and it’s easy to find, catch and pay for.
Do you tip taxi drivers in Costa Rica?
Generally, for short taxi rides in Costa Rica you should round the amount up to the next dollar and let the taxi driver keep the change rather than tipping. However, if you are travelling a longer distance or if the traffic is bad, you should probably leave him a little more. Around $1 to $5 dollars extra will suffice.
What time of year is best to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches. That said, the dry season is the most popular (and expensive) time to visit.