- 1 Should I fly into Kona or Hilo?
- 2 Should I go to Maui or the Big Island?
- 3 What airlines fly direct to Hilo Hawaii?
- 4 What is the cheapest airport to fly into in Hawaii?
- 5 What can you not miss on the big island of Hawaii?
- 6 How far is Kona from Hilo?
- 7 Is the Big Island Expensive?
- 8 Which Hawaiian Island is most expensive to visit?
- 9 Which Hawaiian island is the most beautiful?
- 10 What is the best airlines to fly to Hawaii?
- 11 What cities fly nonstop to Hawaii?
- 12 Can you fly directly to the Big Island of Hawaii?
- 13 How much are flights between islands in Hawaii?
- 14 Which month is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
- 15 When should you not go to Hawaii?
Should I fly into Kona or Hilo?
Kona offers better weather, the best beaches and snorkeling, newer resorts, more vacation rentals, and more nightlife compared to Hilo Town. Hilo is worth a visit but may not be worth staying for more than a night.
Should I go to Maui or the Big Island?
Maui is one of Hawaii’s most visited islands for good reason. It offers great snorkeling spots, black sand beaches on the west side, luxury resorts and famous sunsets. The Big Island is perfect for those who like the outdoors and it has some unique places that you won’t find anywhere else.
What airlines fly direct to Hilo Hawaii?
Flights from United States to Hilo
From Honolulu, you can fly non-stop with Hawaiian Airlines or Southwest Airlines. From Kahului, you can fly non-stop with Hawaiian Airlines or Southern Airways Express. From Los Angeles, you can fly non-stop to Hilo with United Airlines (Star Alliance).
What is the cheapest airport to fly into in Hawaii?
Oahu (Honolulu) and Maui (Kahului) tend to be the two cheapest Hawaiian airports to fly into from the continental United States, but this may not be the case for your particular route. Always compare airports and consider tailoring your vacation itinerary if a different arrival airport offers better savings.
What can you not miss on the big island of Hawaii?
here are 15 things to do on the Big Island of Hawaii that you definitely shouldn’t miss:
- Visit the Seahorse Farm in Kona.
- See the green and black sand beaches.
- Take a helicopter tour over an active volcano.
- Star gaze atop Mauna Kea.
- Tour a coffee plantation in Kona.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
How far is Kona from Hilo?
How long is the drive from Kona to Hilo? It’s about a 3 hour drive along the coast (which is 125 miles) if you don’t stop. You can technically drive straight across the island in less time, but most rental car companies discourage tourists from doing that as you might damage the rental car.
Is the Big Island Expensive?
A vacation to Big Island of Hawaii for one week usually costs around $1,443 for one person. So, a trip to Big Island of Hawaii for two people costs around $2,886 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $5,772 in Big Island of Hawaii.
Which Hawaiian Island is most expensive to visit?
A Ko Olina Resort lagoon on Oahu. Maui is the most expensive island to visit, coming in nearly $1,000 more expensive, with a total cost of $3,600. The Grand Wailea in Maui, a luxury resort.
Which Hawaiian island is the most beautiful?
Kauai. Kauai’s lush greenery makes it the most beautiful of all the Hawaiian islands. It is home to waterfalls, hiking trails and a variety of eco-adventures.
What is the best airlines to fly to Hawaii?
The 6 Best Airlines That Fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines. Fittingly, Hawaiian Airlines offers some of the best flights to Hawaii, providing daily service to Hawaii from more North American cities than any other airline.
- Alaska Airlines.
- American Airlines.
- United Airlines.
What cities fly nonstop to Hawaii?
Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, and Seattle options exist for direct air to both Honolulu and Kahalui. LA and Seattle further enjoy service to both Kona and Lihue. Delta has not forgotten its Hawaii-bound travel fans from elsewhere in the country, with direct routes to Honolulu from Detroit, Minneapolis, and even Atlanta!
Can you fly directly to the Big Island of Hawaii?
Major air carriers from the U.S. and Canada fly directly into Kona. Most of the direct flights are from the U.S. West Coast — Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Porland, Seattle, and Anchorage — plus Denver and Phoenix, and seasonally from Vancouver.
How much are flights between islands in Hawaii?
Hawaii inter-island: Using Honolulu to Maui or Kauai as example routes, fares during most travel times typically range from $118 (this week’s sale) to as much as $239 round trip. Based on a distance of 100 miles even, that comes out to between $0.59 and $1.19 per mile.
Which month is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Hawaii. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Hawaii is August.
When should you not go to Hawaii?
When it’s raining on one side of an island in Hawaii, though, the sun is usually shining on another, a short drive away. However, if the priority is to avoid heavy downpours in traditionally fun-in-the-sun locations such as Waikiki, Poipu, Kona and Kihei, the worst time to go is November through April.