- 1 How do I get from Honolulu to Pearl Harbor?
- 2 Is there a shuttle from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor?
- 3 How much time do you need at Pearl Harbor?
- 4 How much is a taxi from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
- 5 Can you visit Pearl Harbor without a tour?
- 6 Is Pearl Harbor worth seeing?
- 7 Do you need to buy tickets in advance for Pearl Harbor?
- 8 Which Pearl Harbour tour is best?
- 9 How many bodies are still in the USS Arizona?
- 10 What is the best day to visit Pearl Harbor?
- 11 Is Pearl Harbour open for visitors?
- 12 Where should I stay to see Pearl Harbor?
- 13 What is the cheapest way to get from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
- 14 Can you uber from Honolulu Airport?
- 15 Do you get a lei when you land in Honolulu?
How do I get from Honolulu to Pearl Harbor?
Routes 20 and 42 will take you from downtown Honolulu or Waikiki to Pearl Harbor, though the service is not direct. The ride will take roughly an hour each way, but will only cost a couple dollars per ride. (For some tips on using TheBus in Honolulu, check out this post.)
Is there a shuttle from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor?
To go from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor you can just wait at one of the stops along Kuhio Ave or at Ala Moana Center. Simply tell the driver that you want to go to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. To go from another part of the island to Pearl Harbor, you should be prepared for a longer ride with multiple transfers.
How much time do you need at Pearl Harbor?
Those Pearl Harbor Tours last from 6 to 13 hours. Pearl Harbor can also be visited as part of an Oahu island tour. For those who are only mildly interested in WWII history, but want to see the island, we recommend the Pearl Harbor & Oahu Island Tour. That tour spends approximately 3 hours at Pearl Harbor.
How much is a taxi from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
The average taxi fare (without traffic) from HNL to Waikiki is $40-$45 and Waikiki hotel parking averages $20-$35 per night.
Can you visit Pearl Harbor without a tour?
Yes, you can visit Pearl Harbor without a tour. But bear in mind that Pearl Harbor is a very busy place, and there are lots of different things to see and do there. Parking at Pearl Harbor is limited, and may not be available when you arrive.
Is Pearl Harbor worth seeing?
Many people wonder if Pearl Harbor is worth visiting and my verdict is a definite yes. You don’t have to be a history buff or be interested in anything to do with war. It is still a highly educational and moving place to visit.
Do you need to buy tickets in advance for Pearl Harbor?
Please arrive an hour before your ticket time to pick up your tickets, see the harbor area, and tour our two museums before your program. At a minimum, please arrive 30 minutes before your program to be sure you can enter the theater.
Which Pearl Harbour tour is best?
10 Best Pearl Harbor Tours
- USS Arizona Memorial And Aviation Museum Small-Group Tour.
- Oahu Day Tour: Pearl Harbor And Punchbowl Cemetery.
- Ultimate Pearl Harbor And Circle Island Tour.
- Oahu: Full-Day Complete Pearl Harbor Experience From Waikiki.
- Pearl Harbor, USS Missouri, Iolani Palace Full-Day Tour.
How many bodies are still in the USS Arizona?
Of the 1,177 USS Arizona sailors and Marines killed at Pearl Harbor, more than 900 could not be recovered and remain entombed on the ship, which sank in nine minutes. A memorial built in 1962 sits above the wreckage. Sixty died on the Utah, and three have been interred there.
What is the best day to visit Pearl Harbor?
Reserve your tickets for late morning or mid-afternoon to avoid the biggest crowds. The last program begins at 3:00 pm. June through August and the winter holidays are the busiest time of year in Honolulu. Go off-season if you want to avoid the crowds.
Is Pearl Harbour open for visitors?
The Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, museums, and bookstore are open as usual from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, seven days a week. Our partner sites – the Battleship Missouri Memorial, the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park, and the Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor – are also open as usual.
Where should I stay to see Pearl Harbor?
Hotels in Pearl Harbor
- Airport Honolulu Hotel. 2.5-star.
- Best Western The Plaza Hotel. 2.5-star.
- Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hotel. 2-star.
- Ala Moana Hotel. 3.5-star.
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. 4-star.
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites. 3.5-star.
- Holiday Inn Express Waikiki, an IHG Hotel. 2.5-star.
- Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites. 3.5-star.
What is the cheapest way to get from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
The fastest transportation option between HNL Airport and Waikiki is almost certainly a taxi service (it takes around 25 minutes), but it is also one of the priciest transfers – $45. The cheapest (but the slowest) transportation option is definitely public bus – routes 19 and 20 can take you to Waikiki for only $2.50.
Can you uber from Honolulu Airport?
Starting today, you can get picked up and dropped off with ease at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) in Honolulu. * No more worrying about who’s picking you up or how you‘re going to get home. When you‘re ready to go, head to the designated pickup locations and request an uberX or uberXL.
Do you get a lei when you land in Honolulu?
As you arrive in Honolulu, you‘ll experience true Hawaiian hospitality the moment you step off the plane! Your greeter will meet you at your gate with a warm “Aloha” and embrace you with a fresh Hawaiian lei.