- 1 What airport do I fly into for Maui?
- 2 How far is Maui from Honolulu Airport?
- 3 Can you travel from Honolulu to Maui?
- 4 Can you fly direct to Maui from Australia?
- 5 How many days do you need in Maui?
- 6 Do you need a car in Maui?
- 7 How long is the boat ride from Maui to Honolulu?
- 8 How much does it cost to fly from Honolulu to Maui?
- 9 How much is the ferry from Honolulu to Maui?
- 10 How long is the drive from Honolulu to Maui?
- 11 What is the cheapest way to travel between Hawaiian Islands?
- 12 Where should I stay in Maui?
What airport do I fly into for Maui?
Kahului Airport (OGG) is the Maui’s main airport. There are two smaller commuter airports as well: Kapalua Airport (JHM) in West Maui and Hana Airport (HNM) in East Maui.
How far is Maui from Honolulu Airport?
Maui is located about 100 miles away from Honolulu. Traveling from Honolulu to other Hawaiian islands is easy and can be quite reasonable once you’ve arrived on the Hawaiian soil.
Can you travel from Honolulu to Maui?
If you want to visit both destinations during a Hawaiian vacation, the only way to travel from Honolulu to Maui is by cruise ship or plane. It’s a short flight, and the logistics of the trip are generally quite straightforward.
Can you fly direct to Maui from Australia?
There are no airlines that fly directly from Sydney to Maui Kahului.
How many days do you need in Maui?
I recommend at least one week in order to experience all that Maui has to offer. You can still get a flavor Maui even if you just visit for one day. However, as a minimum, try to plan 3 to 5 days in Maui.
Do you need a car in Maui?
Do I need a car to get around on Maui? You can get around Maui by shuttle, tour bus, taxi or public transportation. But to really experience Maui, you should consider reserving a rental car in advance from the Kahului or Kapalua airports.
How long is the boat ride from Maui to Honolulu?
The ferry trip takes 45 minutes.
How much does it cost to fly from Honolulu to Maui?
Top 6 airlines flying from Honolulu to Maui
|Southern / Mokulele||$70||$121|
How much is the ferry from Honolulu to Maui?
It is possible to take a ferry between Maui and Lanai with the Expeditions Lanai Passenger Ferry. The hour-long journey will cost you about $30 one-way (kids $20), but there are only five departures and returns each day, so you have to plan day trips carefully.
How long is the drive from Honolulu to Maui?
The distance between Honolulu and Maui is 107 miles. How long does it take to get from Honolulu to Maui? It takes approximately 4h 37m to get from Honolulu to Maui, including transfers.
What is the cheapest way to travel between Hawaiian Islands?
You can, however, take a ferry to Lanai Island from Lahaina Harbor on the west coast of Maui. on occasion, weather or mechanical issues can cancel trips, but this is really the easiest and cheapest way to travel between these two Hawaiian Islands.
Where should I stay in Maui?
Here’s a quick summary of the best places to stay in Maui:
- South Maui (Kihei and Wailea) This is probably the most popular area on Maui to stay for both couples and families.
- West Maui: Lahaina, Kaanapali, Kapalua.
- Along the Hana Highway (Paia and Hana)
- Central Maui (Kahului and Wailuku)
- Upcountry (Haleakala and Kula)