- 1 What is the main airport in Hawaii?
- 2 What are the international airports in Hawaii?
- 3 What is the cheapest airport to fly into in Hawaii?
- 4 What is Hawaii Big Island airport code?
- 5 Are things expensive in Hawaii?
- 6 What month is the cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
- 7 What airlines fly to Hawaii?
- 8 What is the best way to plan a trip to Hawaii?
- 9 How do you travel between islands in Hawaii?
- 10 What is the prettiest island in Hawaii?
- 11 When should you not go to Hawaii?
- 12 How much are flights between islands in Hawaii?
- 13 Which side of the Big Island is best to stay?
- 14 Is it cheaper to fly into Kona or Hilo?
- 15 Can you take a boat from California to Hawaii?
What is the main airport in Hawaii?
Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii’s largest travel hub, hosts more than 20 million visitors each year.
What are the international airports in Hawaii?
Hawaii’s Top 5 Commercial Airports
- Honolulu International Airport – Honolulu (airport code: HNL)
- Kahului Airport – Kahului (airport code: OOG)
- Kona International Airport at Keahole – Kailua/Kona (airport code: KOA)
- Lihue Airport – Lihue (airport code: LIH)
- Hilo International Airport – Hilo (airport code: ITO)
What is the cheapest airport to fly into in Hawaii?
Oahu (Honolulu) and Maui (Kahului) tend to be the two cheapest Hawaiian airports to fly into from the continental United States, but this may not be the case for your particular route. Always compare airports and consider tailoring your vacation itinerary if a different arrival airport offers better savings.
What is Hawaii Big Island airport code?
Kona International Airport
|Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole Kahua Mokulele Kauʻāina o Kona|
|IATA: KOA ICAO: PHKO FAA LID: KOA|
|Owner||State of Hawaii|
Are things expensive in Hawaii?
To put Hawaiian prices into context, it is the most expensive place in the world to buy four rolls of toilet paper ($6), and the priciest place in the U.S. to buy gas. On the plus side, Hawaii has one of the U.S.’s lowest unemployment rates, with just 2.7 percent of citizens looking for jobs.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Hawaii. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Hawaii is August.
What airlines fly to Hawaii?
Which Airlines Fly to Hawaii?
- Alaska Airlines. Alaska Airlines has daily non-stop flights from Seattle to Kona, Hawaii (The Big Island); Lihue, Kauai; Kahului, Maui; and Honolulu/Waikiki, Oahu.
- American Airlines.
- Continental Airlines.
- Delta Airlines.
- Hawaiian Airlines.
- United Airlines.
What is the best way to plan a trip to Hawaii?
What’s the cheapest way to plan a trip to Hawaii? The best way to see Hawaii on a budget is to visit during the off-season (the cheapest time being in September.) That’s when airfare and hotel stays are the cheapest and you can usually find the best Hawaii packages. You can also look into budget vacation rentals.
How do you travel between islands in Hawaii?
Everything you need to know about inter-island travel in Hawaii
- Oahu is the hub.
- Flying between the islands.
- Take the Ferry to Lanai.
- Fly to Molokai.
- Book a cruise between the islands.
- Helicopter to remote areas.
- Use airline miles for intra-Hawaii travel.
- Free island-hop via the United Excursionist Perk.
What is the prettiest island in Hawaii?
Kauai. Kauai’s lush greenery makes it the most beautiful of all the Hawaiian islands. It is home to waterfalls, hiking trails and a variety of eco-adventures. Most travelers seek out Kauai to avoid the hustle and bustle of Oahu and Maui and have a more unplugged vacation experience.
When should you not go to Hawaii?
When it’s raining on one side of an island in Hawaii, though, the sun is usually shining on another, a short drive away. However, if the priority is to avoid heavy downpours in traditionally fun-in-the-sun locations such as Waikiki, Poipu, Kona and Kihei, the worst time to go is November through April.
How much are flights between islands in Hawaii?
Hawaii inter-island: Using Honolulu to Maui or Kauai as example routes, fares during most travel times typically range from $118 (this week’s sale) to as much as $239 round trip. Based on a distance of 100 miles even, that comes out to between $0.59 and $1.19 per mile.
Which side of the Big Island is best to stay?
From West to East of the Big Island
You’ll likely want to split your stay between Kailua-Kona on the west side and Hilo (or Volcano) on the east side during your trip. This will alleviate a lot of extra driving and allow you to experience both sides of the island.
Is it cheaper to fly into Kona or Hilo?
There is a negligible difference in ticket prices between flying to Kona or Hilo. Kona and Hilo do enjoy the cheapest roundtrip flight to Hawaii per our research. The decision on where to fly in and out of the Big Island has more to do with your itinerary.
Can you take a boat from California to Hawaii?
Instead, make use of the trade winds by sailing south until you’re around 600 miles west of the Californian coast. The best vessel for this trip is a boat measuring between 30 and 36 feet. So if you’re sailing the boat at around 6-8 knots for 18 hours a day, it will take you around 14 days to reach Hawaii.