- 1 Which airport should I fly into in Costa Rica?
- 2 Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia?
- 3 What US airports fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 4 What side of Costa Rica is better?
- 5 What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
- 6 Is Costa Rica safer than Mexico?
- 7 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 8 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 9 What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
- 10 What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
- 11 What days are cheaper to fly to Costa Rica?
- 12 Do I need a passport to go to Costa Rica?
- 13 Where do the Kardashians stay in Costa Rica?
- 14 What parts of Costa Rica are dangerous?
- 15 What celebrities live in Costa Rica?
Which airport should I fly into in Costa Rica?
When you fly into Costa Rica, you have two choices for where you land: the Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose or the Daniel Oduber International Airport in Liberia.
Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
What US airports fly direct to Costa Rica?
- American Airlines from DFW to LIR.
- American Airlines from MIA to LIR.
- United Airlines from IAH to LIR.
- American Airlines from CLT to LIR.
- Delta Air Lines from ATL to LIR.
- Alaska Airlines from LAX to LIR.
- Jetblue Airways Corporation from JFK to LIR.
- Southwest Airlines from BWI to LIR.
What side of Costa Rica is better?
The Best Places on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
Is Costa Rica safer than Mexico?
It’s actually safe. The US State Department considers Costa Rica among the safest countries for US nationals. As per its safety ranking, Costa Rica is Level One whereas Mexico is Level Two. The Department’s “Do not travel” warnings now apply to five states in Mexico and “Reconsider travel” to eleven.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
10 Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park. Add.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature. Add.
- The Guanacaste Beaches. Natural Feature. Add.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park. Add.
- Manuel Antonio Park. Park. Add.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest. Forest, Hiking Trail. Add.
- Santa Teresa. Natural Feature. Add.
- Arenal Volcano. Natural Feature. Add.
What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
- Santa Teresa & Malpais Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica is September.
What days are cheaper to fly to Costa Rica?
Airlines release their new weekly fares on Mondays, so at Tuesday by 3 pm their competitors have released their deals, making it the exact time to search. Studies show that the cheapest time to book is 49 days before your departure, or 81 days ahead of time for international flights.
Do I need a passport to go to Costa Rica?
Information about requirements and visa application form please click here. Please consider the following information: US nationals do not require an entry visa to Costa Rica. However, they must have a current valid passport and a return ticket to exit Costa Rica within 90 days.
Where do the Kardashians stay in Costa Rica?
This past week, the Kardashian-Jenner family traveled to Costa Rica to escape the cold Winter and spend some quality time in the sun. The reality family packed their bags and landed on Costa Rica’s Peninsula Papagayo, where they stayed at the breathtaking Villa Manzu.
What parts of Costa Rica are dangerous?
It is advised that you avoid any of the parks in San Jose at night, as they are considered very dangerous, and stay away from the following neighborhoods in and around San Jose: Los Guido, Desamparados, Pavas, La Carpio, Leon XIII, the El Carmen neighborhood in Cartago, and the “El Infiernillo,” sector of Alajuela.
What celebrities live in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is as popular as a Hollywood star because it has become a vacation spot for superstars like Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, Catherine Zeta-Jones and husband Michael Douglas, Selena Gomez, George Clooney, Rafa Nadal, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mel Gibson, Usher, Miley Cyrus, Beyoncé and Jaz-Z, Chris Hemsworth, Matt Damon,