- 1 Is Decatur Atlanta safe?
- 2 Is Decatur a suburb of Atlanta?
- 3 What is Decatur Georgia known for?
- 4 How far is Decatur from Midtown Atlanta?
- 5 Is Norcross ghetto?
- 6 What is the most dangerous city in Georgia?
- 7 What is the best city in Georgia to live in?
- 8 What are the safest neighborhoods in Atlanta?
- 9 Where is the best place to live in Atlanta GA?
- 10 What are the bad areas in Atlanta?
- 11 What are the best Atlanta suburbs?
- 12 What is in Decatur GA?
- 13 Is Stone Mountain GA Safe?
- 14 How far is Decatur from Buckhead?
- 15 How far is Buckhead from Atlanta?
Is Decatur Atlanta safe?
Decatur holds top spot on list of best places to live in Georgia. One area Decatur faltered in was crime and safety, which Niche scored a not-too-scary C+, even though the city’s crime rate is below the national average. It was also dinged for its C+-rated cost of living, which is no surprise.
Is Decatur a suburb of Atlanta?
Decatur is a suburb of Atlanta with a population of 24,002. Decatur is in DeKalb County and is one of the best places to live in Georgia. Living in Decatur offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents own their homes.
What is Decatur Georgia known for?
Decatur is known for its frequent festivals, which include the annual Decatur Arts Festival, Summer In The City, Decatur BBQ, Blues & Bluegrass Festival, the Decatur Book Festival, the Decatur Maker’s Faire, The Decatur Craft Beer Festival and the Decatur Wine Festival.
How far is Decatur from Midtown Atlanta?
|Straight line distance||5.56 mi||8.95 km|
|Driving distance||6 mi||10.45 km|
Is Norcross ghetto?
1. Norcross. When you look at the numbers of inner city type stores, and the education level, Norcross is the most ghetto city in Georgia. Norcross has the most convenience stores, the most beauty supply stores, and the 2nd most discount stores in the state.
What is the most dangerous city in Georgia?
The most dangerous city in Georgia is the city of East Point. East Point has over 30,000 people living in the city, which clocks in just southwest of the capital city.
What is the best city in Georgia to live in?
The 11 Best Places to Live in Georgia
- Decatur. : Downtown Decatur.
- Gainesville. : Lake Lanier.
- John’s Creek. : Million Dollar Home in Johns Creek.
- Woodstock. : Downtown Woodstock.
- Marietta. : Marietta Square.
- Peachtree City. : Peachtree City Golf Cart.
- Roswell. : Alive In Roswell.
- Suwanee. : Suwanee Town Center.
What are the safest neighborhoods in Atlanta?
Taking a closer look an intown Atlanta, the safest neighborhoods in Atlanta are:
- Buckhead (excluding the Lindbergh neighborhood) / Chastain Park.
- North Druid Hills.
- Virginia Highland / Druid Hills.
- Decatur / Avondale Estates.
- Underwood Hills / The Westside.
- Morningside / Ansley Park.
Where is the best place to live in Atlanta GA?
The 20 Best Atlanta Neighborhoods in 2021
- Buckhead. As one of the best neighborhoods in Atlanta, Buckhead is known for its upscale vibe, retail epicenter, and delicious dining.
- Peachtree Heights.
- Piedmont Park.
- Old Fourth Ward.
- Inman Park.
What are the bad areas in Atlanta?
The most dangerous areas in Atlanta is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Oakland City. Population 26,146.
- Lakewood Heights-Southeastern Atlanta. Population 23,547.
- West End.
- Grove Park.
- Adams Park.
- Center Hill.
- Adair Park.
What are the best Atlanta suburbs?
The 8 Best Atlanta Suburbs
- Johns Creek. Chattahoochee River : Patch.com.
- Peachtree City. Golf Cart Driving : Cresswind Peachtree City.
- Milton. Milton City Sign : Explore Georgia.
- Roswell. Downtown Roswell : Roswell Georgia.
- Suwanee. Suwanee Town Center : CPL Team.
- Alpharetta. Avalon : Avalon Insider.
- Decatur. Downtown Decatur : Patch.com.
What is in Decatur GA?
The top attractions to visit in Decatur are:
- Your Dekalb Farmers Market.
- Decatur’s Square.
- DeKalb History Center.
- Kudzu Antiques.
- Three Taverns Brewery & Tasting Room.
Is Stone Mountain GA Safe?
Stone Mountain also has a very low crime rate so you should be very safe here. It’s also a perfect area to raise a family because of the education and job opportunities. Stone Mountain predominately has an African-American race so it’s not very diverse but it is still great.
How far is Decatur from Buckhead?
There are 7.67 miles from Decatur to Buckhead in northwest direction and 10 miles (16.09 kilometers) by car, following the GA 236 route. Decatur and Buckhead are 20 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Buckhead from Atlanta?
The total driving distance from Buckhead, GA to Atlanta, GA is 66 miles or 106 kilometers.