- 1 Is there a shuttle from Atlanta airport to Fort Benning?
- 2 What airport do I fly into for Fort Benning GA?
- 3 Is Fort Benning close to Atlanta?
- 4 How far is Atlanta Airport from Fort Benning?
- 5 Can civilians get on Fort Benning?
- 6 Where should I stay for Fort Benning graduation?
- 7 What city is closest to Fort Benning GA?
- 8 What units are stationed at Ft Benning?
- 9 Does Southwest fly to Georgia?
- 10 Is Fort Benning only for infantry?
- 11 What is the largest military base in Georgia?
- 12 How long is Army basic training?
- 13 How Long Does Fort Benning graduation last?
- 14 How much is airport shuttle in Atlanta?
- 15 Is Groome Transportation Safe?
Is there a shuttle from Atlanta airport to Fort Benning?
Shuttle and Bus service is available from the airport to Fort Benning, GA for an additional cost. Transportation from Atlanta Airport to Fort Benning is $43 per person one way or $86 roundtrip. Children 3 and younger ride for free when accompanied by an adult. For more information, call 706-324-3939.
What airport do I fly into for Fort Benning GA?
The closest airport to Fort Benning is Columbus Metropolitan Airport.
Is Fort Benning close to Atlanta?
The distance between Atlanta and Fort Benning is 103 miles. The road distance is 117.8 miles.
How far is Atlanta Airport from Fort Benning?
The distance between Atlanta Airport (ATL) and Fort Benning is 95 miles.
Can civilians get on Fort Benning?
Gate Info Site
Be aware that all individuals 18 and older in the vehicle are required to have a background check and pass before being allowed to unescorted access to the installation.
Where should I stay for Fort Benning graduation?
Hotels in Fort Benning
- Sleep Inn & Suites.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning.
- Hampton Inn Columbus / South – Fort Benning.
- Motel 6 Columbus, GA.
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus–Fort Benning, an IHG Hotel.
- Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning, an IHG Hotel.
What city is closest to Fort Benning GA?
4 Great Neighborhoods Near Fort Benning Army Base
- Bibb City.
- Phenix City.
What units are stationed at Ft Benning?
Major Units Report
- 1-19th Infantry Battalion. Command: 198th Infantry Brigade.
- 1-29th Infantry Battalion. Command: 199th Infantry Brigade.
- 1-46th Infantry Battalion.
- 1-507th Parachute Infantry Regiment.
- 1-50th Infantry Battalion.
- 14th Combat Support Hospital.
- 194th Armored Brigade.
- 198th Infantry Brigade.
Does Southwest fly to Georgia?
Of course, no trip to Atlanta is complete without enjoying down-home comfort-food classics. Enjoy all that the ATL has to offer, both old and new, and get there with ease by booking a flight into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport on Southwest Airlines.
Is Fort Benning only for infantry?
Benning, a brigadier general in the Confederate States Army during the Civil War. Fort Benning is one of ten U.S. Army installations named for former Confederate Generals. Since 1909, Fort Benning has served as the Home of the Infantry.
What is the largest military base in Georgia?
It is the largest military installation in the Eastern U.S., for it is around 280,000 square acres.
How long is Army basic training?
Army Basic Combat Training (BCT) lasts nine weeks. This length of time doesn’t count time spent in reception, nor does it count the time spent for job training if you attend an OSUT (One-Station Unit Training) unit, which combines basic training and job training into one combined course.
How Long Does Fort Benning graduation last?
This is 13 weeks long. The end of this training culminates in the Turning Blue ceremony on a Thursday, after which you will get to visit with your soldier for the remainder of the day. The next day, Friday, is graduation. Please note that there is NO graduation ceremony at the end of the BCT portion of OSUT.
How much is airport shuttle in Atlanta?
Atlanta Airport Shuttle from $16.50 | Ground Transportation Options.
Is Groome Transportation Safe?
Based in Richmond, Virginia, Groome Transportation is a leading provider of transportation services throughout the U.S. Family owned and operated since 1934, the company provides safe, reliable and comfortable transportation services to over 2 million passengers each year.