- 1 How far is Logan Airport from downtown Boston?
- 2 Are there two airports in Boston?
- 3 How long does it take to get from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
- 4 Is Logan airport on an island?
- 5 How much does the Logan Express cost?
- 6 How much is a taxi from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
- 7 What is the best neighborhood to stay in Boston?
- 8 Is the Boston airport big?
- 9 What are the closest airports to Boston?
- 10 Is Silver Line free?
- 11 Does Amtrak go to Logan Airport?
- 12 How busy is Boston Logan Airport?
- 13 What airlines fly into Logan?
- 14 Why is it called Logan Airport?
- 15 Which airline has the most flights out of Boston?
How far is Logan Airport from downtown Boston?
Logan Airport is less than 5 miles from the city center, so traveling between them is always relatively simple and shouldn’t be more than 15 minutes by car. If you happen to be commuting during weekday rush hour in the morning or evening, it can take up to 30 minutes.
Are there two airports in Boston?
Boston Airport (BOS) is officially named as General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport. – Boston Logan Airport is located in East Boston, 3 miles from downtown Boston. – BOS Airport is a hub for Cape Air and Delta Air Lines. – There are four terminals in Logan International Airport (A-B-C-E).
How long does it take to get from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
Thinking of Taking Other Transportation Modes FROM Logan?
|Mode||Cost: Logan To Downtown Boston||Travel Time: Logan To Downtown****|
|MBTA Subway||$2.75*||About 30 – 40 minutes|
|MBTA Silver Line||FREE||About 20 – 30 minutes to South Station|
|Taxi||About $25 – $45**||About 15 – 25 minutes|
|Shared Van||About $20 or more***||About 30 – 40 minutes|
Is Logan airport on an island?
Apple Island was an island in Boston Harbor in Massachusetts, one of five islands that were integrated with landfill over the years to form East Boston and Logan International Airport.
How much does the Logan Express cost?
|Route||One way fare||10 ride|
|Back Bay||$3 (free from airport)||$30|
|Braintree, Framingham, Peabody, Woburn||$12||$75|
How much is a taxi from Logan Airport to downtown Boston?
To go to Downtown Boston fare may vary between $ 20.00 – $ 45.00 (depending of the hour and the day) and do not include gratuity or tolls. All taxi vehicles at Boston Airport are metered.
What is the best neighborhood to stay in Boston?
The 7 Best Neighborhoods in Boston for Tourists
- Downtown. Downtown is Boston’s business district, but it’s also tourist central, thanks to the many attractions along the Freedom Trail and fronting the Boston Harbor.
- North End and Waterfront.
- Beacon Hill.
- Seaport District.
- Back Bay.
- South End.
- West End.
Is the Boston airport big?
Located partly in East Boston and partly in the Town of Winthrop, on Boston Harbor, Logan International Airport covers an area of 2,384 acres (965 ha) which contains six runways: Runway 4L/22R: 7,864 ft × 150 ft (2,397 m × 46 m)
What are the closest airports to Boston?
Nearest Airport to Boston, MA, United States
- Logan International Airport (2.8 miles / 4.5 kilometers)
- Manchester–Boston Regional Airport (44.1 miles / 70.9 kilometers)
- Providence T. F. Green Airport (47.1 miles / 75.8 kilometers)
- New Bedford Regional Airport (47.5 miles / 76.4 kilometers)
Is Silver Line free?
The Massport Shuttle is always free, and the Silver Line is free from Logan Airport. You’ll need to buy a ticket or pass to make a connection to the bus, train, or ferry. CharlieTickets are valid for travel on the subway and local bus routes.
Does Amtrak go to Logan Airport?
Amtrak offers many daily runs between South Station and Providence. South Station may be accessed from Logan Airport by either Silver Line Shuttle or Taxi. The Silver Line service takes approximately 20 minutes.
How busy is Boston Logan Airport?
Boston Logan is the busiest airport in New England, serving 30 million passengers a year. Here are some tips to make traveling through BOS easier. Popular Travel Times: Busiest days and times: Weekdays 6:00 to 8:30 AM and 4:00-7:00 PM; Sundays 4:00-7:00 PM.
What airlines fly into Logan?
Direct from United States
|American Airlines flights||Alaska Airlines flights||Cape Air flights|
|Delta flights||jetBlue flights||Silver Airways flights|
|United flights||Spirit Airlines flights|
|Southwest Airlines flights||Sun Country Airlines flights|
Why is it called Logan Airport?
Boston Irish Tourism Association – Profile: Logan Airport. Boston’s Logan International Airport was named for General Edward L. Logan (1875-1939), a first generation Irish-American, military leader, civic leader and municipal judge with family roots in Galway and South Boston.
Which airline has the most flights out of Boston?
JetBlue began serving Boston in 2004, building the market up into a focus city. The airline is now Boston Logan’s largest airline by weekly departing frequencies.