- 1 Is there a place to sleep in Hong Kong airport?
- 2 Does Hong Kong airport have a hotel?
- 3 Can you leave the airport during a layover in Hong Kong?
- 4 What is there to do at Hong Kong airport for 8 hours?
- 5 Does Cathay Pacific provide hotel stay for long layovers?
- 6 Can economy class use the lounge?
- 7 Do I need a visa for layover in Hong Kong?
- 8 Do airlines provide free hotel for long layovers?
- 9 Does Hong Kong airport have showers?
- 10 Can you leave the airport during a 4 hour layover?
- 11 Is it safe to fly through Hong Kong airport?
- 12 What can you do in Hong Kong for a 10 hour layover?
- 13 Can I sleep in airport lounge?
- 14 What can you do in Hong Kong for 12 hours?
- 15 Does Cathay Pacific allow free stopovers?
Is there a place to sleep in Hong Kong airport?
Hong Kong Airport offers designated zones with comfortable rest chairs, perfect for tired travellers looking to relax and enjoy some stress-free time before their flight. Locations: Departures Level near Gates 21, 34, 31, and 61.
Does Hong Kong airport have a hotel?
Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong
Directly connected to Hong Kong International Airport by an enclosed walkway, Regal Airport Hotel provides comfortable rooms, meeting and conference facilities, 6 restaurants and bars, as well as indoor and outdoor pools.
Can you leave the airport during a layover in Hong Kong?
Once you‘ve figured out your visa situation, the actual immigration and customs clearance process is relatively quick and efficient. And you can leave the airport during your layover.
What is there to do at Hong Kong airport for 8 hours?
13 Things to do on a layover at Hong Kong Airport
- Eat. Hong Kong is a foodie city – and you can experience a bit of that inside the airport.
- Play some (virtual) sports.
- Enjoy a movie.
Does Cathay Pacific provide hotel stay for long layovers?
Cathay does neither. provide free accommodation for layovers over 8 hours. these have always been on flights with no other connection options, though.
Can economy class use the lounge?
And while this lounge was originally designed exclusively for high-flying first- and business- class passengers, it’s now accessible to all guests flying on the airline—if they’re willing to pay, that is.
Do I need a visa for layover in Hong Kong?
Transit Visa Required for Hong Kong
Nationals of countries who require a consular visa for Hong Kong must have a visa when transiting through the HKSAR. However, if such foreign nationals remain in the airport transit area, they do not require a visa.
Do airlines provide free hotel for long layovers?
Most airlines only provide free hotel accommodations for passengers that have a layover between 8-12 hours or overnight. However, each airline is different, so be sure to check your carrier’s website. Some airlines like Air Canada, Hainan, and XiamenAir allow for layovers over 6 hours.
Does Hong Kong airport have showers?
Freshen up at the free shower facilities
Freshen up with an invigorating shower at the airport’s free 24-hour shower facilities. Located near Gate 22 in Terminal 1, the showers are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Can you leave the airport during a 4 hour layover?
For most layovers, you can leave the transit area (and airport) in between flights, as long as you have a visa (if necessary) and go through customs and immigration on the way out, and of course you‘ll have to pass through security again on your way back into the airport.
Is it safe to fly through Hong Kong airport?
Reconsider travel to the People’s Republic of China (PRC), including the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), due to arbitrary enforcement of local laws. Exercise increased caution in the Hong Kong SAR due to COVID-19. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
What can you do in Hong Kong for a 10 hour layover?
10 hours in Hong Kong: How to make the most of your stopover with a quick shopping trip
- GETTING THERE. On arrival at the airport, head through Immigration which is generally quick and easy.
- BIRD MARKET.
- FLOWER MARKET.
- LADIES MARKET.
- JADE MARKET.
- TEMPLE ST NIGHT MARKET.
- SOMETHING EXTRA.
- TAKE OFF.
Can I sleep in airport lounge?
Head to Airport Lounges
The downside is that most lounges aren’t open overnight. There are exceptions though, such as the Plaza Premium Lounge in Hong Kong. However, many lounges allow you to buy a day pass, which can get you access to food, showers and a place to rest if you didn’t get much sleep the night before.
What can you do in Hong Kong for 12 hours?
How to make the most of a 12–hour layover in Hong Kong
- 6am: We land.
- 6.30am: Clear customs and take the train.
- 7am: Arrive at Central station.
- 7.30am: Star Ferry across to Kowloon.
- 8am: Grab a coffee and enjoy Kowloon Park.
- 9.30am: Line up and wait for Michelin-starred dim sum.
- 10.45am: Explore the local markets.
Does Cathay Pacific allow free stopovers?
Overview: Although Cathay Pacific does not currently have a Hong Kong layover promotion, they do allow you to stretch your Hong Kong layover up to three days with no extra charge.