- 1 Is airport masculine or feminine in French?
- 2 How do you say er in French?
- 3 How do you say tr in French?
- 4 Is hospital masculine or feminine in French?
- 5 Is car masculine or feminine in French?
- 6 What are the ER verb endings in French?
- 7 How do you say ent in French?
- 8 How is ê pronounced?
- 9 How do you greet a friend in French?
- 10 How do you respond to Ca va?
- 11 What are three words for saying hello in French?
Is airport masculine or feminine in French?
Although aéroport is masculine, Au aéroport would sound odd and ugly in French, as a vowel is never followed by another vowel. Therefore the correct answer is à l’aéroport.
How do you say er in French?
If you listen to a recording of French people saying the word, the sound is a short and sharp “e”, a bit like in bEcome. The vowel in ‘bay’ is a diphthong /eI/ but French –er is a monophthong /e/ so your basic observation is correct.
How do you say tr in French?
You should feel the back of your mouth shake in a way. The ‘r’ should be guttural enough that ‘tr‘ sounds like ‘tkhruh’ and ‘gr’ like ‘gkhruh’.
Is hospital masculine or feminine in French?
The French translation for “the hospital” is l’hôpital. The French, l’hôpital, can be broken down into 2 parts:”the (masculine, before a vowel sound)” (l’) and “hospital” (hôpital).
Is car masculine or feminine in French?
In French, the word for “car” (“voiture”) is feminine.
What are the ER verb endings in French?
Here are the endings for regular -er verbs in French:
- Je – e. Tu – es. Il/Elle – e. Nous – ons. Vous – ez. Ils/Elles – ent. Past Participle – é
- Je – is. Tu – is. Il/Elle – it. Nous – issons. Vous – issez. Ils/Elles – issent. Past Participle – i.
- Je – s. Tu – s. Il/Elle – Nous – ons. Vous – ez. Ils/Elles – ent. Past Participle – u.
How do you say ent in French?
More videos on YouTube
- ENT at the end of a verb is NOT pronounced. Par exemple: They eat: ils mangent.
- ENT at the end of a noun IS pronounced. Par exemple: An apartment: un appartement.
- ENT at the end of a adjective IS pronounced. Par exemple: Happy: content.
- ENT at the end of a adverb IS pronounced.
How is ê pronounced?
“ê” is pronounced like an English “eh” as in “get” – the same as if it was “è” with a grave accent. “ô” is pronounced roughly like an English “oh” as in “boat” or “close”. It’s the same sound found in the French word au.
How do you greet a friend in French?
How to Say Hello in French: 12 Useful French Greetings Beyond Bonjour
- The most common way to say “hello” in French: Bonjour!
- “Hi” in French – Salut!
- “Good morning” in French – Bon matin!
- “Good afternoon” in French – Bon après-midi!
- “Good evening” in French – Bonsoir!
- “Good night” in French – Bonne nuit!
How do you respond to Ca va?
As with English, French people tend to reply to Ça va? with a positive response – Bien, or Bien, merci – much the same way as we would use fine in English. The following responses are polite enough for a new acquaintance, but general enough for a good friend, too: Très bien, merci. Very well, thank you.
What are three words for saying hello in French?
- 1 – Bonjour: the Most Common Way to say hello in French.
- 2 – A Polite Way to Say Hello in French.
- 3 – Saying Hello in French to a Large Group of People.
- 2 – How to Say “Hi” in French?
- 3 – What does “Coucou” Mean in French?
- 4 – Bonsoir – Hello in French – But in the Evening.
- 5 – Allô?
- 6 – Rebonjour.