- 1 What airport do you fly into for Ocho Rios?
- 2 Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
- 3 How much is a taxi from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
- 4 Is Ochos Rios or Negril closer to airport?
- 5 Can you drink the water in Ocho Rios?
- 6 Is it safe to go to Ocho Rios Jamaica?
- 7 What is the nicest part of Jamaica?
- 8 What part of Jamaica is best for partying?
- 9 What is the best time of year to go to Ocho Rios Jamaica?
- 10 Is there Uber in Jamaica?
- 11 Is Uber safe in Jamaica?
- 12 How long does it take to drive from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
- 13 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 14 What’s better Negril or Montego Bay?
- 15 Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica is the best?
What airport do you fly into for Ocho Rios?
You will fly into Montego Bay – Sangster International Airport (MBJ). Sandals then provides a transfer to the resort. over a year ago.
Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
Whether you go to Ocho Trios or Montego Bay is up to what you are looking to get from your time on this Caribbean Island. If you are looking for a little less touristy vibe, then Ocho Rios may be the right option. But if you want access to all the typical tourist activities, then Montego Bay is the right choice.
How much is a taxi from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
The fastest way to get from Montego Bay Airport (MBJ) to Ocho Rios is to taxi which takes 1h 39m and costs $140 – $170.
Is Ochos Rios or Negril closer to airport?
Negril is about 90 min. (not miles) from the airport and Ocho Rios is only slightly farther.
Can you drink the water in Ocho Rios?
The tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink.
Unlike Mexico, tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink.
Is it safe to go to Ocho Rios Jamaica?
Other than drugs, crime is relatively low in Ocho Rios. It is virtually unheard of for tourists to be bothered by any sort of violent crime. That violent crime which occasionally does occur in Jamaica is usually in the ghetto areas of the island and not in the tourist areas so Ocho Rios travelers are safe.
What is the nicest part of Jamaica?
Where to Go in Jamaica: 5 Destinations You Can’t Miss
- Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.
- Montego Bay. Affectionately known as MoBay, Montego Bay is a good point of entry to Jamaica.
- Port Antonio.
- Ocho Rios.
What part of Jamaica is best for partying?
For your age range and the type of vacation you are looking for I would suggest Montego Bay. You’ll find more partying and action than in Negril, which is considered more laid back. Look at the Holiday Inn, Riu Montego Bay, and the Sunset Beach resort.
What is the best time of year to go to Ocho Rios Jamaica?
The best time to visit Jamaica is November to mid-December. That’s when the island’s already beautiful weather (ranging from mid-70s to the high 80s all year-round) is the most pleasant and the hotel and flight deals are the easiest to find.
Is there Uber in Jamaica?
There is no Uber service in Jamaica.
Is Uber safe in Jamaica?
No, Jamaica does not have Uber or Lyft. It is against the law for rideshare companies to operate in Jamaica. It is always good practice to ask your hotel staff if they have any suggestions about how to travel safely while in Jamaica.
How long does it take to drive from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
It takes approximately 1h 42m to drive from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios.
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
What’s better Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica is the best?
The best rated Sandals Resort is Sandals Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. 94% (!) of over 3,000 reviewers rate this elegant boutique resort as ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’. Sandals Royal Plantation is closely followed by Sandals Grenada and Sandals South Coast (also in Jamaica).