- 1 What airport do you fly into for Ocho Rios?
- 2 How far is Ocho Rios from the airport?
- 3 How far is Ocho Rios from Kingston airport?
- 4 How do I get from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
- 5 Is it safe to go to Ocho Rios Jamaica?
- 6 What’s better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
- 7 What is Ocho Rios known for?
- 8 What should I avoid in Jamaica?
- 9 Does it rain all day in Ocho Rios?
- 10 How much is a taxi from Kingston to Ocho Rios?
- 11 How far is Ocho Rios from Kingston?
- 12 Which airport is closest to Sandals Ochi?
- 13 How much is a taxi from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
- 14 How long does it take to get from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
- 15 Which part of Jamaica is the best?
What airport do you fly into for Ocho Rios?
You will fly into Montego Bay – Sangster International Airport (MBJ). Sandals then provides a transfer to the resort. over a year ago.
How far is Ocho Rios from the airport?
Ocho Rios is approximately 58 miles/93 kilometers. Distance from Montego Bay Airport and Ocho Rios is 1 hour 30 minutes.
How far is Ocho Rios from Kingston airport?
The distance between Kingston Airport (KIN) and Ocho Rios is 62 km.
How do I get from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
The shuttle ride between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios is approximately 90 min. to two hours long depending on the hotel. Rental cars are also available. There are numerous companies who operate shuttle bus service from Montego Bay airport to Ocho Rios. Many have desks in the transportation hall at the Montego Bay airport.
Is it safe to go to Ocho Rios Jamaica?
Other than drugs, crime is relatively low in Ocho Rios. It is virtually unheard of for tourists to be bothered by any sort of violent crime. That violent crime which occasionally does occur in Jamaica is usually in the ghetto areas of the island and not in the tourist areas so Ocho Rios travelers are safe.
What’s better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
Whether you go to Ocho Trios or Montego Bay is up to what you are looking to get from your time on this Caribbean Island. If you are looking for a little less touristy vibe, then Ocho Rios may be the right option. But if you want access to all the typical tourist activities, then Montego Bay is the right choice.
What is Ocho Rios known for?
Ocho Rios, affectionately called ‘Ochi’, is probably best known for its use in Dr No, the very first James Bond film, released in 1962. 4. For a taste of traditional, spicy, smoked jerk meats, you can’t miss out on the Ocho Rios Jerk Center – known to occasionally turn herbivores into carnivores.
What should I avoid in Jamaica?
- Do not explore the island by cab.
- Do not take rides with strangers in the city.
- Don’t eat non-local seafood.
- Don’t expect help from the cops.
- Don’t underestimate the roadside jerk shacks.
- Avoid being alone with resort staff.
- Do not expect punctuality.
- Don’t backpack through Jamaica.
Does it rain all day in Ocho Rios?
Ocho Rios receives around 37 inches of rain per year, with September and October being the wettest months. Keep in mind Jamaica seldom sees a full day of rain. Being a tropical destination, rain often falls in one part of the day – making way for sunshine the other part of the day.
How much is a taxi from Kingston to Ocho Rios?
The fastest way to get from Kingston to Ocho Rios is to taxi which takes 1h 17m and costs $110 – $140.
How far is Ocho Rios from Kingston?
The total driving distance from Kingston, Jamaica to Ocho Rios, Jamaica is 53 miles or 85 kilometers.
Which airport is closest to Sandals Ochi?
ARRIVALS. Upon arrival at Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay or to the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, guests are to proceed to the Sandals desk or lounge. Your complimentary transfer to and from the resort will be arranged by Sandals.
How much is a taxi from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
The fastest way to get from Montego Bay Airport (MBJ) to Ocho Rios is to taxi which takes 1h 39m and costs $140 – $170.
How long does it take to get from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
How long is the drive from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Ocho Rios, Jamaica? The total driving time is 1 hour, 39 minutes. Your trip begins in Montego Bay, Jamaica. It ends in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
Which part of Jamaica is the best?
Where to Go in Jamaica: 5 Destinations You Can’t Miss
- Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.
- Montego Bay. Affectionately known as MoBay, Montego Bay is a good point of entry to Jamaica.
- Port Antonio.
- Ocho Rios.