- 1 Where do you fly into for Amelia Island FL?
- 2 How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville Airport?
- 3 How far is Amelia Island from Orlando Airport?
- 4 How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville?
- 5 Is Amelia Island Expensive?
- 6 Do I need a car on Amelia Island?
- 7 Where should I stay on Amelia Island?
- 8 Is there a shuttle from Jacksonville airport to Amelia Island?
- 9 Can you swim at Amelia Island?
- 10 How far is it from Amelia Island to Savannah?
- 11 How far is Amelia Island from Orlando?
- 12 How far is St Augustine from Amelia Island?
- 13 Does Amelia Island have white sand?
- 14 Is Amelia Island a good place to retire?
- 15 Does Amelia Island get hurricanes?
Where do you fly into for Amelia Island FL?
The closest major airport to Amelia Island is Jacksonville International (JAX), about a 30-minute drive away. As with most cities in Florida, fares are some of the cheapest in the country from many U.S. departure cities.
How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville Airport?
Amelia Island is just a 30-minute drive from Jacksonville International Airport.
How far is Amelia Island from Orlando Airport?
The distance between Orlando Airport (MCO) and Amelia Island is 152 miles.
How far is Amelia Island from Jacksonville?
Just 30 miles from Jacksonville, Amelia Island is a world apart.
Is Amelia Island Expensive?
The cost of staying in Amelia Island is much higher than the average city. On average hotels are less expensive than vacation rentals. Luxury vacation rentals are more expensive in Amelia Island due to very high property costs.
Do I need a car on Amelia Island?
No car is needed when you visit Amelia Island, where it’s easy to get around on Segways, horses, bikes and even golf carts. On Amelia Island, a barrier island that’s only a quarter-mile wide in some places, and no more than three miles wide in others, using your own two feet is always an excellent option.
Where should I stay on Amelia Island?
Where to Stay on Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation. This luxury resort is a golfer’s paradise with an oceanfront course that meanders right above the dune line.
- Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island.
- Fort Clinch State Park.
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge.
- The Fairbanks House.
- Private Home Rentals.
Is there a shuttle from Jacksonville airport to Amelia Island?
EZ Airport Shuttle now provides prr-arranged Shared Shuttle Services for passengers traveling to the Ritz Carlton and the Omni, Amelia Plantation. Use our affordable shared shuttle service at the Jacksonville International Airport and save on your transportation expenses.
Can you swim at Amelia Island?
Amelia Island, the southernmost island of the Sea Islands off the upper northeast coast of Florida, boasts 13 miles of stunning beaches that offer tourists swimming, fishing, surfing, kite flying, and much more.
How far is it from Amelia Island to Savannah?
The distance between Amelia Island and Savannah is 105 miles. The road distance is 118.3 miles.
How far is Amelia Island from Orlando?
The distance between Orlando and Amelia Island is 144 miles.
How far is St Augustine from Amelia Island?
Yes, the driving distance between Amelia Island to St. Augustine is 62 miles.
Does Amelia Island have white sand?
With a different eco-sytem than most of the Sunshine State, Amelia Island offers a combination of spacious white–sand beaches and natural green marshes.
Is Amelia Island a good place to retire?
On the fun side, the history, culture, golf, activities and natural beauty of the island make Amelia Island a great place for anyone to enjoy their retirement years.
Does Amelia Island get hurricanes?
Although people often think of Florida as a hurricane target, Amelia Island hasn’t experienced hurricane weather conditions in 50 years! There have only been three hurricane strength storms to pass near Amelia Island in the last 155 years.