- 1 What is the main airport in San Jose Costa Rica?
- 2 Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
- 3 Which airport in Costa Rica should I fly into?
- 4 What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 5 What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
- 6 How far is San Jose from the beach?
- 7 Is San Jose expensive?
- 8 Is San Jose safe?
- 9 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 10 Which side is better in Costa Rica?
- 11 What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
- 12 Is Costa Rica safer than Mexico?
- 13 What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
- 14 Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
What is the main airport in San Jose Costa Rica?
If you are planning on visiting the provinces of Alajuela, San Jose, Cartago, Limon or Puntarenas, the Juan Santamaria International Airport is the way to go. This airport is the primary hub in Costa Rica, and is located only about 1 mile away from the city of Alajuela, and just outside of downtown San Jose.
Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
Which airport in Costa Rica should I fly into?
When you fly into Costa Rica, you have two choices for where you land: the Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose or the Daniel Oduber International Airport in Liberia.
What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
Check out a (pretty) complete list of nonstop flights currently offered to Costa Rica:
- AIR CANADA.
- AIR TRANSAT.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS.
- COPA AIRLINES.
What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
How far is San Jose from the beach?
Santa Cruz, or Surf City as some call it, is lined with miles of sandy shoreline just 30 miles south of San Jose. Surf shops and schools offering lessons for beginners can be found along the beaches of Santa Cruz. The biggest attraction in the area is the boardwalk, the oldest oceanside amusement park in California.
Is San Jose expensive?
San Jose is the 31st most expensive city in which to live in the entire world! The average cost of living for a four-person family, excluding rent, is around $3,750 a month. That’s 81% higher than the national average! Rent price: $3,400.
Is San Jose safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Jose is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Jose is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to California, San Jose has a crime rate that is higher than 81% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
Which side is better in Costa Rica?
The Best Places on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
- Santa Teresa & Malpais Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
Is Costa Rica safer than Mexico?
It’s actually safe. The US State Department considers Costa Rica among the safest countries for US nationals. As per its safety ranking, Costa Rica is Level One whereas Mexico is Level Two. The Department’s “Do not travel” warnings now apply to five states in Mexico and “Reconsider travel” to eleven.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica is September.
Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
Uber Coverage is Spotty in Costa Rica
Expanded coverage was announced in April 2019 but the pandemic of 2020 set things back and as of the 2021 high travel season over 3/4 of the country remains outside the official operating zone.