- 1 Can Uber pick up at Maui airport?
- 2 What is there to do in Maui besides road to Hana?
- 3 What should you not miss on Maui?
- 4 How long is the drive from Maui Airport to Hana?
- 5 How much is uber from Maui airport to Lahaina?
- 6 How much is a taxi from Maui airport to Kaanapali?
- 7 What is the calmest beach in Maui?
- 8 Are there sharks in Maui?
- 9 How do I go to Maui on a budget?
- 10 Is Maui dangerous for tourists?
- 11 What is the best side of Maui to stay on?
- 12 How many days do you need in Maui?
- 13 How dangerous is road to Hana?
- 14 Is Road to Hana worth it?
- 15 What time should I start road to Hana?
Can Uber pick up at Maui airport?
The state Department of Transportation announced Thursday that transportation network companies, or ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft, will be eligible to legally pick up customers at Kahului and Kapalua airports starting Feb. 1 at designated locations.
What is there to do in Maui besides road to Hana?
9 Things to Do in Maui That Aren’t the Road to Hana
- Take a Surfing Lesson. Image courtesy of M.M. Sweet via Getty Images.
- Adopt a Dog for the Day.
- Visit Haleakalā Crater.
- Stop by a Lavender Farm.
- Snorkel at a Volcanic Crater.
- Go Ziplining.
- Taste Local Vodka.
- Explore the Iao Valley.
What should you not miss on Maui?
Top Must-D0 Activities and the Best Things to Do in Maui
- ✦ Attend a Luau.
- ✧ Go Whale Watching.
- ✦ Swim with Sea Turtles.
- ✦ See the 7 Sacred Pools of Ohe’o Gulch.
- ✦ Walk on a Black Sand Beach.
- ✧ Pose With Lahaina’s Banyan Tree.
- ✦ Tour a Pineapple Farm.
- ✧ Learn to Hula.
How long is the drive from Maui Airport to Hana?
Hana Highway Driving Time
In good conditions with little traffic, driving the Hana Highway to Hana from Kahului Airport can take as little as two hours. Drive east from the airport toward Paia then simply follow the Hana Highway on all the way to Hana.
How much is uber from Maui airport to Lahaina?
We ran some cities through Uber’s online fare calculator and found these estimated one-way rates, which are subject to change: Kahului to Lahaina: $30 to $40 uberx; $109 to $144 uberSELECT. Paia to Hana: $59 to $79 uberx; $214 to $283 uberSELECT. Lahaina to Kihei: $28 to $37 uberx; $102 to $134 uberSELECT.
How much is a taxi from Maui airport to Kaanapali?
AIRPORT TAXI SERVICES
|OGG / Kahului Airport|
|Origin/Ending||Price for one way|
What is the calmest beach in Maui?
The calmest beaches I’ve seen in Maui have been in Wailea at Ulua or Keawakapu. Sometimes Napili Bay has calm waters depending on the time of year and there are plenty of choices of condos in this area. Anini Beach on the north shore of Kauai has a protective reef that makes it almost always calm.
Are there sharks in Maui?
Not only does Maui have the highest number of tiger sharks in the state, the area also sees the most shark attacks, according to local scientists who have tracked and studied Hawaii sharks for decades.
How do I go to Maui on a budget?
Top 10 Cheap Maui Things To Do on a Budget
- Camp On The Beach. The only thing better than a room on the beach is a campsite on the beach.
- Go To The Swap Meet. The Maui Swap Meet may just be the best deal on the entire island.
- Go Snorkel.
- Eat At Food Trucks.
- Do Happy Hour.
- Whale Watching.
- Take A Tour At.
- Go To The Lavender Farm.
Is Maui dangerous for tourists?
Maui is generally a safe place, both for visitors and those of us who live here. Our island welcomes nearly 3 million visitors each year, and the vast majority of those people experience nothing more distressing than a sunburn.
What is the best side of Maui to stay on?
Here’s a quick summary of the best places to stay in Maui:
- South Maui (Kihei and Wailea) This is probably the most popular area on Maui to stay for both couples and families.
- West Maui: Lahaina, Kaanapali, Kapalua.
- Along the Hana Highway (Paia and Hana)
- Central Maui (Kahului and Wailuku)
- Upcountry (Haleakala and Kula)
How many days do you need in Maui?
The average visitor to Maui spends 8.1 days on the island. How long you should stay depends on what you want to do, but you should plan to spend a minimum of five days on Maui.
How dangerous is road to Hana?
Road to Hana is not dangerous if you are cautious and don’t speed. However, some inexperienced drivers may find it intimidating because of the combination of narrow and twisty roads, 100-to-300-foot cliffs, frequent rain, dark conditions at night, and that many sections don’t have guard rails.
Is Road to Hana worth it?
The Hana Highway is great from a car, but to appreciate it, you’re going to have to stop frequently, get out of the car, and in some cases, walk or hike a bit to see things. The highway is beautiful from a car window, but it cuts down on its “worth” in our book if you aren’t likely to step outside the car.
What time should I start road to Hana?
Now’s not the time to catch up on sleep. It’s best to be on the road, leaving your resort by at least 7:30 am. If you start late, the Road to Hana can be crowded with other drivers. That can mean that you might find yourself crawling along behind slower drivers at time.