- 1 How far is Guanacaste from San Jose airport?
- 2 Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
- 3 Which Costa Rica Airport is the best to fly into?
- 4 What is Costa Rica’s main airport?
- 5 Is Guanacaste safe?
- 6 What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
- 7 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 8 How far is San Jose from Liberia?
- 9 Which side is better in Costa Rica?
- 10 What is the best city to stay in Costa Rica?
- 11 What airlines fly into Liberia Airport Costa Rica?
- 12 What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 13 What is the best time to go to Costa Rica?
- 14 How much does it cost to fly to Costa Rica?
- 15 Is Costa Rica a US territory?
How far is Guanacaste from San Jose airport?
The distance between San Jose Airport (SJO) and Guanacaste is 127 km. The road distance is 200 km.
Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
Which Costa Rica Airport is the best to fly into?
Although both airports (San Jose Intl & Liberia Intl Airport) have domestic flights, San Jose Intl (SJO) is the hub and it is much easier, cheaper & faster to travel from with domestic airlines. So if you are visiting the Caribbean, Pacific beaches in the south or the Central Valley, this is your hub.
What is Costa Rica’s main airport?
Costa Rica has two international airports: San Jose (Juan Santamaria International Airport – SJO) and Liberia (Daniel Oduber International Airport– LIR).
Is Guanacaste safe?
Is Guanacaste, Costa Rica safe to travel to? Generally speaking, it is safe to visit and the locals are incredibly kind. As with any new destination, take the necessary precautions for safety.
What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
- Santa Teresa & Malpais Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
How far is San Jose from Liberia?
The distance between San Jose Airport (SJO) and Liberia Airport (LIR) is 161 km. The road distance is 210.5 km.
Which side is better in Costa Rica?
The Best Places on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
What is the best city to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
What airlines fly into Liberia Airport Costa Rica?
Direct from United States
|Delta flights||American Airlines flights||Alaska Airlines flights|
|United flights||Southwest Airlines flights||jetBlue flights|
What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
Check out a (pretty) complete list of nonstop flights currently offered to Costa Rica:
- AIR CANADA.
- AIR TRANSAT.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS.
- COPA AIRLINES.
What is the best time to go to Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches.
How much does it cost to fly to Costa Rica?
Good to know
|Low season||September||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price.|
|High season||December||Most popular time to fly with an average 13% increase in price.|
|Average price round-trip||$711||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
|Good deal round-trip||$183||or less|
|Good deal one-way||$97||or less|
Is Costa Rica a US territory?
We officially recognized Costa Rica as an independent state in 1849, and our first diplomatic presence in Costa Rica was established as the Consulate in San José in 1852. The United States is Costa Rica’s top trading partner, accounting for around 40 percent of the country’s imports and exports.