- 1 What airport do you fly into for Hawaii?
- 2 What major airports are in Hawaii?
- 3 Which island is Honolulu Airport on?
- 4 Is Honolulu airport shutting down?
- 5 Which month is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
- 6 When should you not go to Hawaii?
- 7 Which airline is best to fly to Hawaii?
- 8 Are things expensive in Hawaii?
- 9 Which airport is cheapest to fly into Hawaii?
- 10 Do I need a passport to go to Hawaii?
- 11 Which side of the Big Island is best to stay?
- 12 What is the best way to plan a trip to Hawaii?
- 13 What time does the Honolulu airport open?
- 14 How long is Honolulu airport?
- 15 Are Hawaii flights open?
What airport do you fly into for Hawaii?
Most visitors arrive in Kona. There is also the option of flying into Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu first and then taking a short, 35-40 minute flight to the island of Hawaii. Getting to the island of Hawaii is easier than ever with daily direct flights into Kona International Airport.
What major airports are in Hawaii?
Next month’s Hawaii newsletter will take a look at developments at the five smaller terminals around the state.
- Hilo International Airport, Hawaii Island (ITO)
- Honolulu International Airport, Oahu (HNL)
- Kahului Airport, Maui (OGG)
- Kona International Airport at Keahole, Hawaii Island (KOA)
- Lihue Airport, Kauai (LIH)
Which island is Honolulu Airport on?
Inouye International Airport (HNL) is the largest airport in the State of Hawaii and is located in Honolulu on the island of O’ahu.
Is Honolulu airport shutting down?
Honolulu International, the nation’s 21st largest airport, completely shut down on Sunday, after a security guard’s apparent mistake. Sunday, many airlines added flights to meet higher demand.
Which month is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Hawaii. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Hawaii is August.
When should you not go to Hawaii?
When it’s raining on one side of an island in Hawaii, though, the sun is usually shining on another, a short drive away. However, if the priority is to avoid heavy downpours in traditionally fun-in-the-sun locations such as Waikiki, Poipu, Kona and Kihei, the worst time to go is November through April.
Which airline is best to fly to Hawaii?
The 6 Best Airlines That Fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines. Fittingly, Hawaiian Airlines offers some of the best flights to Hawaii, providing daily service to Hawaii from more North American cities than any other airline.
- Alaska Airlines.
- American Airlines.
- United Airlines.
Are things expensive in Hawaii?
To put Hawaiian prices into context, it is the most expensive place in the world to buy four rolls of toilet paper ($6), and the priciest place in the U.S. to buy gas. On the plus side, Hawaii has one of the U.S.’s lowest unemployment rates, with just 2.7 percent of citizens looking for jobs.
Which airport is cheapest to fly into Hawaii?
Oahu (Honolulu) and Maui (Kahului) tend to be the two cheapest Hawaiian airports to fly into from the continental United States, but this may not be the case for your particular route. Always compare airports and consider tailoring your vacation itinerary if a different arrival airport offers better savings.
Do I need a passport to go to Hawaii?
Since Hawaii is a state within the United States, citizens do not need a valid passport to travel to Hawaii from the mainland. However, starting on October 1, 2021, everyone will need a REAL ID for air travel, and not all states currently issue driver’s licenses that comply with these requirements.
Which side of the Big Island is best to stay?
From West to East of the Big Island
You’ll likely want to split your stay between Kailua-Kona on the west side and Hilo (or Volcano) on the east side during your trip. This will alleviate a lot of extra driving and allow you to experience both sides of the island.
What is the best way to plan a trip to Hawaii?
What’s the cheapest way to plan a trip to Hawaii? The best way to see Hawaii on a budget is to visit during the off-season (the cheapest time being in September.) That’s when airfare and hotel stays are the cheapest and you can usually find the best Hawaii packages. You can also look into budget vacation rentals.
What time does the Honolulu airport open?
Spending the night at the airport
Although Honolulu airport is open 24 hours a day, most of the enclosure closes between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am. To spend the night inside, you will have to show your boarding pass.
How long is Honolulu airport?
Overview. Passengers are urged to arrive at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport at least two hours prior to overseas flights and 90 minutes before Interisland flights, or as advised by your airline.
Are Hawaii flights open?
Hawaii has reopened to U.S. travelers. Hawaii reopened to U.S. travelers on Oct. 15. International travelers from CDC-prohibited countries are still banned from entering Hawaii.