- 1 What is the best area to stay in San Jose Costa Rica?
- 2 How far is the beach from San Jose Costa Rica airport?
- 3 What is there to do near SJO airport?
- 4 How much is a taxi from San Jose Costa Rica airport to downtown?
- 5 Is San Jose Costa Rica worth visiting?
- 6 Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
- 7 Which side is better in Costa Rica?
- 8 Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
- 9 What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
- 10 Is San Jose in Costa Rica safe?
- 11 Is there anything to do in San Jose?
- 12 Is San Jose Costa Rica safe to visit?
- 13 How do I get from San Jose Airport to downtown?
- 14 What time of year is best to visit Costa Rica?
- 15 Does Uber pickup at San Jose airport?
What is the best area to stay in San Jose Costa Rica?
Each caters to different interests, so be sure to pick the neighbourhood that’s right for you.
- Neighborhood #1 – Downtown.
- Neighborhood #2 – Barrio Amon.
- Neighborhood #4 – Cartago.
- Neighborhood #5 – Aranjuez.
- Neighborhood #6 – Escazu.
- Neighborhood #7 – Escalante.
How far is the beach from San Jose Costa Rica airport?
From San Jose, Playas del Coco is 244 kilometers (152 miles), about a 4.5 hour drive. Playas del Coco is the closest beach town to an international airport in Costa Rica.
What is there to do near SJO airport?
- Teatro Nacional Costa Rica.
- Pre-Columbian Gold Museum.
- Jade Museum.
- Museo Nacional De Costa Rica.
- Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo.
- Central Market (Mercado Central)
- Parque La Sabana.
- Museo de los Ninos.
How much is a taxi from San Jose Costa Rica airport to downtown?
A taxi ride from Juan Santamaría International Airport to downtown San José costs between $20 and $30.
Is San Jose Costa Rica worth visiting?
For this reason, there are many cultural and historical things to do in San Jose, Costa Rica. Many travelers brush off San Jose, using it solely as a transit hub to get to the volcanoes and beaches or skipping it entirely. Though a bit rough around the edges at first impression, it’s certainly worth visiting.
Is there Uber in Costa Rica?
Uber Coverage is Spotty in Costa Rica
Expanded coverage was announced in April 2019 but the pandemic of 2020 set things back and as of the 2021 high travel season over 3/4 of the country remains outside the official operating zone.
Which side is better in Costa Rica?
The Best Places on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica can boast two stunning coastlines, along both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, which means that there are dozens of white, tan, and black sand beaches that are perfect for any relaxing getaway.
What is the prettiest beach in Costa Rica?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
- Santa Teresa & Malpais Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
Is San Jose in Costa Rica safe?
Though Costa Rica has the lowest crime rate of any Central American country, crime in urban centers such as San José is a problem. The most common offense is opportunistic theft (eg pickpocketing and mugging).
Is there anything to do in San Jose?
With 156 acres of stuff to do, you can enjoy gardens, the park’s trails, the zoo, and museums. Kelley Park is the home of the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo, Japanese Friendship Garden, San Jose History Park, Viet Museum, and Portuguese Historical Museum among other historical societies.
Is San Jose Costa Rica safe to visit?
There are a number of safe tourist attractions in San José during the day, but avoid walking around at night. Some of Costa Rica’s coastal towns such as Jacó — on the Pacific Coast, and Limón — on the Caribbean coast, have also seen their fair share of crime due to an increased number of tourists.
How do I get from San Jose Airport to downtown?
The San Jose International Airport, Costa Rica, is easy to reach from downtown San Jose. Taking the bus either from the airport or to the airport is simple, safe, cheap and quick 35-minute journey. This is the SJO Airport Bus to San Jose and it’s easy to find, catch and pay for.
What time of year is best to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches. That said, the dry season is the most popular (and expensive) time to visit.
Does Uber pickup at San Jose airport?
Head outside and follow signs to the rideshare pickup area. This is where all Uber driver-partners at SJC meet travelers for pickup. For Terminal A pickups, meet your driver outside of baggage claim at Stop 1. For Terminal B pickups, meet your driver on the traffic island at Stop 9.