- 1 Does Lihue Airport have TSA Precheck?
- 2 What food is available at Lihue Airport?
- 3 Is Lihue safe?
- 4 How much is a taxi from Lihue to Poipu?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Kauai?
- 6 How many days do you need for Kauai?
- 7 What is the rainiest month in Kauai?
- 8 Is there Uber in Kauai?
- 9 What airlines fly into Lihue?
- 10 Is Kauai or Maui better?
- 11 How safe is Kauai?
- 12 Can you fly directly into Kauai?
- 13 How long does it take to drive around Kauai?
- 14 How much is a taxi in Kauai?
Does Lihue Airport have TSA Precheck?
Passengers who are members of TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, should contact the TSA within 24 hours of having not received TSA PreCheck.
Hawaiian Airlines TSA PreCheck Lane Locations.
|Lihue, Kauai (LIH)||Lane 1, closest to Hawaiian Airlines counter|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Terminal 5|
What food is available at Lihue Airport?
- Ai Ono Cafe. Offers a menu including sandwiches, burgers, and various hot dishes along with daily specials and some local favorites.
- HMS Host Food Kiosk. Grab and Go snacks and beverages.
- Island Marketplace.
- Mea Inu Bar and Grill.
- News Stand.
- Stinger Ray’s Tiki Bar and Lounge.
- Tiare Enterprise Flower Shop.
Is Lihue safe?
Lihue is a very safe place to visit. Having said this, there are certain precautions that should be taken in order to ensure smooth trip to Kauai. Like always, commons sense is the most important tool for staying safe.
How much is a taxi from Lihue to Poipu?
The quickest way to get from Lihue Airport (LIH) to Poipu Beach is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 28 min.
What is the best month to go to Kauai?
The best time to visit Kauai is between September and November or from April to June, when the weather is pleasant and airfare and hotel rates drop.
How many days do you need for Kauai?
Many first-time visitors stop in Kauai for four days while island hopping between two or three islands. Four days is enough time to see the best of the island (except for several days-long hikes like the Na Pali Coast).
What is the rainiest month in Kauai?
With 2.3 inches of rain or less, the driest months range from April through September. The rainiest month is December at 5.2 inches of rain.
Is there Uber in Kauai?
Ride-hailing service Uber is adding another Hawaiian Island to its list with an upcoming launch on Kauai. Since coming to the state in 2013, Uber has added more than 5,000 drivers on Oahu.
What airlines fly into Lihue?
Airlines Serving LIH
- Alaska Airlines. (800) 252-7522.
- American Airlines. (800) 433-7300.
- Delta Airlines. (800) 221-1212.
- Hawaiian Airlines. (800) 367-5320.
- Southwest Airlines. (800) 435-9792.
- United Airlines. (800) 241-6522.
- WestJet. Reservations: 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET) Baggage Inquiries: 1-866-666-6224. TTY: 1-877-952-0100.
Is Kauai or Maui better?
Maui: Good snorkeling can be had on Kauai, but on Maui, it’s great. There are more top-notch sites here, and more are easily accessible from beaches. Kauai: While Maui has the edge in snorkeling, Kauai — also known as the Garden Isle — is a hiker’s haven.
How safe is Kauai?
Kauai is a safe place to travel and has relatively low crime but it is always smart to take precautions to protect yourself and your personal belongings. Always swim and hike with a buddy.
Can you fly directly into Kauai?
Flying direct into Kauai is the most convenient and affordable way to reach the Garden Island. South West and Hawaiian Airlines are the only airlines that currently service our inter-island flights. South West Airlines also has a direct flight from Sacramento California to Lihue.
How long does it take to drive around Kauai?
The drive from our Kauai resorts on the eastern shore to the Lihue airport is about 20 minutes, though it can take longer during rush hour. The drive from Princeville to Waimea is about an hour and a half. This is the longest drive you can take on Kauai main roads, and it takes you to the “Grand Canyon of Kauai”.
How much is a taxi in Kauai?
Taxi fares are county regulated and are, [RATE 1] $ 3.00 for the first mile, and $ 3.00 for each additional mile, [RATE 2] 2 hours for $120, and $15 for ever 15 minutes that follows the initial 2 hour minimum, again, county regulated and by the meter.