- 1 How do I get from Liberia Airport to Arenal Volcano?
- 2 What airport do you fly into for Arenal Costa Rica?
- 3 Is Arenal closer to San Jose or Liberia?
- 4 How far is La Fortuna from Liberia airport?
- 5 How long is the drive from Liberia to La Fortuna?
- 6 How do you get from La Fortuna to Liberia?
- 7 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 8 Is Liberia or San Jose better?
- 9 Is Costa Rica safer than Mexico?
- 10 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 11 Is Liberia Costa Rica worth visiting?
- 12 How far is Tamarindo from Arenal Volcano?
- 13 How long is drive from San Jose Airport to Arenal?
- 14 How far is Tamarindo from La Fortuna?
- 15 How far is Guanacaste from La Fortuna?
How do I get from Liberia Airport to Arenal Volcano?
You need to go to Liberia, get on the Interamericana highway 1, exit at Cañas, drive to Tilaran, go through Nuevo Arenal, drive around the lake and finally reach La Fortuna. The distance is about 130 kilometers or 80 miles. From Liberia Airport to Arenal, the drive time takes around 3 hours.
What airport do you fly into for Arenal Costa Rica?
I recommend using San Jose International Airport if your trip is going to take you to La Fortuna (Arenal Volcano), Manuel Antonio, Tortuguero or Puerto Viejo as well as any destination on the Osa Peninsula, as this airport offers easier access to these areas.
Is Arenal closer to San Jose or Liberia?
liberia is much nearer to tamarindo, that’s all. from either san jose or liberia, the arenal area is about the same – as is monteverde, despite being 5-10 kilometers further from san jose.
How far is La Fortuna from Liberia airport?
The distance between Liberia Airport (LIR) and Selina La Fortuna is 99 km. The road distance is 143.5 km.
How long is the drive from Liberia to La Fortuna?
By private transfer, the drive from Liberia to Arenal/La Fortuna can be done in two and a half hours. You can travel the 84 miles (135 km) either by taking Route 1 to 142 or the slightly longer Corredor Nortatlantico (Route 4).
How do you get from La Fortuna to Liberia?
There are 4 ways to get from La Fortuna to Liberia by bus, taxi, car or shuttle
- Take the bus from La Fortuna to Upala 234 Upala.
- Take the bus from Upala to Liberia 509 Upala.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
Is Liberia or San Jose better?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
Is Costa Rica safer than Mexico?
It’s actually safe. The US State Department considers Costa Rica among the safest countries for US nationals. As per its safety ranking, Costa Rica is Level One whereas Mexico is Level Two. The Department’s “Do not travel” warnings now apply to five states in Mexico and “Reconsider travel” to eleven.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
10 Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park. Add.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature. Add.
- The Guanacaste Beaches. Natural Feature. Add.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park. Add.
- Manuel Antonio Park. Park. Add.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest. Forest, Hiking Trail. Add.
- Santa Teresa. Natural Feature. Add.
- Arenal Volcano. Natural Feature. Add.
Is Liberia Costa Rica worth visiting?
In conclusion, Liberia Costa Rica is definitely worth visiting, especially for those looking to avoid the region’s beach hotels. It is particularly convenient for people who want to explore the region and its national parks, thanks to its excellent location within easy reach of everything.
How far is Tamarindo from Arenal Volcano?
Yes, the driving distance between Tamarindo to Arenal Volcano is 196 km.
How long is drive from San Jose Airport to Arenal?
Yes, the driving distance between San Jose Airport (SJO) to Arenal Volcano National Park is 123 km. It takes approximately 2h 18m to drive from San Jose Airport (SJO) to Arenal Volcano National Park.
How far is Tamarindo from La Fortuna?
The distance between Tamarindo and La Fortuna is 132 km.
How far is Guanacaste from La Fortuna?
The distance between Guanacaste and La Fortuna is 66 km. The road distance is 133.2 km.