- 1 Where do I pick up my rental car at Tampa airport?
- 2 What Car rentals are on site at Tampa airport?
- 3 Are rental cars more expensive at the airport?
- 4 How much does it cost to rent a car at Tampa airport?
- 5 Which rental car companies are in Tampa terminal?
- 6 How much is Uber to Tampa airport?
- 7 Does Tampa Airport have a shuttle?
- 8 How early should you arrive at Tampa airport?
- 9 Why is car rental so expensive now?
- 10 Are there hidden fees when renting a car?
- 11 Can I rent a car at the airport without a flight?
- 12 How do I get the best deal on a rental car?
- 13 Do I need to buy additional insurance when renting a car?
- 14 Why are car rentals so expensive in Florida?
Where do I pick up my rental car at Tampa airport?
How do I do it? Enter the Airport through the main entrance and follow the signage for the Rental Car Center. The Rental Car Center is located just south of the Economy Parking Garage. Once you return your vehicle, you will board the SkyConnect train bound for the Main Terminal.
What Car rentals are on site at Tampa airport?
There are 14 companies located in Tampa International Airport’s rental car center:
- ACE Rent a Car (877) 822-3872.
- Advantage Rent a Car (813) 414-5980.
- Alamo Rent a Car (844) 370-9187.
- Avis Rent a Car (813) 396-3500.
- Budget Car Rental (813) 396-3126.
- Dollar Rent a Car (866) 434-2226.
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car (833) 892-9213.
Are rental cars more expensive at the airport?
Airport car–rental locations typically charge more per day per vehicle. Top that off with airport concession fees and taxes, and your rental bill can quickly get out of hand. The savings for a multiday rental are well worth the price you’ll pay for a cab or Uber ride to a rental location just a few miles away.
How much does it cost to rent a car at Tampa airport?
Cheap car rentals in Tampa
Which rental car companies are in Tampa terminal?
The airport currently has four major players operating in the main terminal: Avis Budget Group Inc., Enterprise Rent-A-Car, the Hertz Corp. and Thrifty Car Rental. Airport officials said that when those companies move to the new facility, Thrifty will be absorbed by its parent company, Hertz.
How much is Uber to Tampa airport?
Uber fares in Tampa International Airport start at $7.15. Lyft fares in Tampa International Airport start at $4.70. Lyft is 34% cheaper.
Does Tampa Airport have a shuttle?
In fact, approximately 50,000 travelers pass through Tampa International Airport (TPA) every day. At SuperShuttle, we provide a variety of reliable airport shuttle options, so you can find a ride that works for you.
How early should you arrive at Tampa airport?
Passengers should plan to arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to scheduled departure to allow themselves adequate time for check-in, security screening, and food/beverage or merchandise purchases and be at the gate approximately 30 minutes before scheduled flight departure.
Why is car rental so expensive now?
But would you believe car rentals are about to get much more expensive? Car rental companies offloaded rental cars during the pandemic. Their inventory is low. As demand ramps up, prices are going to rise as more people want cars than companies have cars to rent.
Some rental companies pass along fees from the airport where you pick up your car, which can range from a few dollars to $10 or more a day. Some call it an “airport concession fee” or “concession recovery fee.”
Can I rent a car at the airport without a flight?
Most car rental companies would let you rent a car from their airport location even if you ‘didn’t fly in. Most car rental companies would let you rent a car from their airport location even if you ‘didn’t fly in. It will cost you less because you will not have to pay the airport imposed facility charges.
How do I get the best deal on a rental car?
The Cheapest Way to Rent a Car: 10 Tips
- Skip the airport. Renting at the airport is convenient when you’re flying into a new city.
- Shop around online.
- Turn to discount brands.
- Leverage memberships.
- Opt for economy cars.
- Stick to one driver.
- Use your own insurance.
- Forgo the extras.
Do I need to buy additional insurance when renting a car?
You might not need to buy extra car insurance from the rental car company. That’s because the coverage on your personal auto policy may extend to a rental car. If you have that on your personal policy, it may help pay to repair the rental car if it’s damaged in a collision.
Why are car rentals so expensive in Florida?
Aside from the state sales and tourism taxes, Florida cities and localities can levy rental car surcharges. In addition, airports can and do levy all sorts of additional charges, which can often increase the total cost of the car rental significantly.